New to Merc C250 d Stop Start and Tints

EasyD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 250 d 2015 2ltr Diesel
Hi all, bought my Merc from sytner in Milton Keynes. 65 plate, drives nice. Just one question, I've had it for about month but the Auto Stop feature has not enaged yet, is this common? Also want to get rear passenger windows tinted, any suggestions for near Bedford? Ta all.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Stop start in colder weather is prone to being less active than warmer weather.

Mine comes on at the moment after driving around 6 to 8 miles dependant on what auxiliaries are on.

Are you doing very short journeys?

I cannot help re tints.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
EasyD

EasyD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 250 d 2015 2ltr Diesel
Stop start in colder weather is prone to being less active than warmer weather.

Mine comes on at the moment after driving around 6 to 8 miles dependant on what auxiliaries are on.

Are you doing very short journeys?

I cannot help re tints.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Robin,

Thanks, done some long journeys over 80 miles and back same day ( 5 times this month )- still nothing. I have got the Premium Plus pack so not sure if that draws on more electrics? I did mention it to Merc dealer but they just gave me the 'depends on many variables' story. ?

cheers

Dipak

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Hi, EasyD , is there a Pentagon Autotint branch near you? I've always had a cracking job done there. :)

OP
EasyD

EasyD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 250 d 2015 2ltr Diesel
Definitely no - Because that removes the 'A' symbol from the instrument panel - instead I get the yellow / amber A with line through it . Like that in the picture Auto stop start.jpg

OP
EasyD

EasyD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 250 d 2015 2ltr Diesel
Hi, EasyD , is there a Pentagon Autotint branch near you? I've always had a cracking job done there. :)

Cheers - will check em out.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi and welcome. The dealer is probably technically correct but, when everything else is discounted (cold weather, short journeys etc) it usually boils down to lower battery voltage. May need a new battery so get them to check it out as you only bought it recently.

OP
EasyD

EasyD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 250 d 2015 2ltr Diesel
Hi and welcome. The dealer is probably technically correct but, when everything else is discounted (cold weather, short journeys etc) it usually boils down to lower battery voltage. May need a new battery so get them to check it out as you only bought it recently.

Ok - Thanks, its going in to have Sat Nav upgraded - will ask them to check it then. :)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Ok - Thanks, its going in to have Sat Nav upgraded - will ask them to check it then. :)
The start stop on my wife's last Mini stopped working after about five years. The battery was still going strong when we sold it at nine years but obviously not strong enough to meet the stop start criteria.

OP
EasyD

EasyD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 250 d 2015 2ltr Diesel

Hi, update. Was definately new battery required. As soon as it was changed it kicked in straight away.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
it will do it again when the new battery settles in , see this a lot on all makes of car , battery needs to be optimum pretty much all the time for it to work correctly

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
I absolutely hate stop / start. A friend had to have a new starter motor on his 204 at something like 20k miles.
I regularly use a local bus service and they've introduced this "wonderful" system on their buses. I've counted how long the bus engine is actually off and it's often 2 or 3 seconds. Surely it can hardly be worthwhile and imagine all that increased wear taking place. Utterly ridiculous in my view.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I absolutely hate stop / start. A friend had to have a new starter motor on his 204 at something like 20k miles.
I regularly use a local bus service and they've introduced this "wonderful" system on their buses. I've counted how long the bus engine is actually off and it's often 2 or 3 seconds. Surely it can hardly be worthwhile and imagine all that increased wear taking place. Utterly ridiculous in my view.

exactly my view on this,for owners financial point of view crazy idea.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi, update. Was definately new battery required. As soon as it was changed it kicked in straight away.
Thanks for the update although, I fear you have started a whole new debate about start/stop :shock:

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
my understanding ? you would have to do this each start up ? is there another way ?
Not that I'm currently aware of, although I'm sure with a little know how and perseverance one could be found.

400ixl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Various ways to do it. Just not with official Merc kit.

The Smartop module I have for my convertible allows me to switch it off permanently if I want (not that I do). You can buy ODBII plugs which change the setting as well.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
will investigate,

Top Bottom