C-Class W204 Comand display screen issue

xtremem23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2010 1.8L
Hello again,

I had another thread on here in the past about near enough the same issue but it's an old thread so I thought it best to start a new thread

New Problem:
When driving with my retractable command screen open it retracts randomly, opens up and then retracts again.
Then I press the open button on the top of the cover, it opens, works normally for approx 2mins then closes again and remains closed ?

If I'm parked up, with the screen open it will remain upright in the normal position and everything as normal until I start the car drive for 2mins and the it retracts, opens and closes again.

If car is locked and I unlock it using remote, the screen will cycle open and then close, when I turn key in car it will open and remain open for approx 2mins and close/open and close again.

Also the eco stop/start is no longer working

Any idea's as it's doing my nut in.

I do short journey's by the way

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Check your battery voltage

OP
X

xtremem23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2010 1.8L
Which one ?

One in the boot or one in the engine compartment ?

Whatever battery i check is it best to disconnect theie leads one at a time and check between battery posts as i'm presuming they are both connected ?

What should they be reading ?

And lastly, i bought myself a c-tek charger never used it though and want to check, if i have ro charge the battery, dk i charge with leads disconnected overnight ?

Thanks for any help guys

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
When the screen closes, does the radio continue to play through the speakers?

OP
X

xtremem23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2010 1.8L
Yes Alexander it does, everything remains on.

It's just like it getting a signal from somewhere to trigger the closing operation.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes Alexander it does, everything remains on.

It's just like it getting a signal from somewhere to trigger the closing operation.

Not a dodgy button on the dash?

OP
X

xtremem23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2010 1.8L
There two places that has buttons.

1. Directly below the flip up screen theres a manual close button along with screen tilt button sitting beside it

2. On top of the hood cover there also another

I know i can definitely disconnect the twin button thats beneath the flip up screen but i think that the one in the hood cover i cannot from memory its hardwired into the controller at rear of display unit.

Any thoughts on how to proceed ?

Today it hasnt switch off when driving but when unlocking car etc. it cycles open-close-open, remains open.
When locking car it cycles close-open-closes after approx 20-30secs and remains closed.

Its doing my head in

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If its not super obvious, probably worth plugging onto star and checking the switches and command system for error codes. Anything else is juts guessing.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Drink related spillage?

On the, the buttons are up high. If the mechanism thinks it's blocked it will behave as op mentioned but best to test.

OP
X

xtremem23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 2010 1.8L
No spillage

Any other ideas for testing etc.

I had the twin buttons disconnected before when it was messing about and didnt still done it.

I do think alexander is correct though, it getting a signal from somewhere to mimick that it getting blocked or something and making it close.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom