Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Which is a very good point, an ex member on here suffered that issue - a hugely frightening experience no one should ever have to experience.
All you can do is make it less interesting than something else to the crims- in the end though if they are determined, ruthless and want it they’ll have it!

Do you have one on your milk float John...?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I've always been a fan of the hidden in plain view method of security.
For example a switch on the dash marked "Fuel Pump" that actually operates a latching relay with a siren attached.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I've always been a fan of the hidden in plain view method of security.
For example a switch on the dash marked "Fuel Pump" that actually operates a latching relay with a siren attached.
In a previous house I installed a marine siren in the hallway... it worked very well indeed as you couldn't stay inside when that was running :D I know of two attempted break-ins where they'd broken a window then not got any further as the siren kicked in - foot print on the window sill but nothing more.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
In a previous house I installed a marine siren in the hallway... it worked very well indeed as you couldn't stay inside when that was running :D I know of two attempted break-ins where they'd broken a window then not got any further as the siren kicked in - foot print on the window sill but nothing more.

Yes, extreme noise is the way forward. I have a 400db sound blaster inside the workshop here. It makes you dizzy when it goes off.

A mate of mine wanted to experience it, so we shut the doors and I detonated the SOS button. He ran out the fire exit after about 10 seconds and claimed, "thats so loud it made my balls ache!"

I think that it bounces off a aluminium roof and door adds to the intensity.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Back in the day I've fitted switches to the fuel pump under passenger seat, dummy heated rear window switches, fog light switches. Fortunately not had a car nicked.

Have had attempts to break in the house. Once by trying to lift the aluminium framed patio door out of its track. A piece of timber screwed into the top track prevents that, together with a shoot bolt in the frame. Only thing was the cill was busted and frame bent so new set of french doors under the insurance as UPVC were cheaper than aluminium.

Another attempt through a downstairs bay window. From the foot prints on the chair that slid across the floor think the burglar pulled a groin muscle as he was stretched. Fortunately didn't get in.

Another attempt using the gutter to get onto porch roff. Gutter gave way and there was someone seen hobbling away.

Fortunately no damage or threat.

Unlike my aged mothers house that was burgled and trashed whilst we were at a funeral. Smashed through conservatory doors and french doors into house, glass everywhere. Every cupboard, drawer, case, bag, box tipped out. Scum.

Its a sign of the society we have created, unfortunately.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Local police advised that I keep the gorse hedge along the front of our house, as it's impossible to get through. Once you're in it, you stay there till morning, when the geese get you!

Geese!
Noisy nasty things. Attack and guard anything. Very painful bite, and aggressively fearless.
Bit difficult to keep as a deterrent in a car though.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Local police advised that I keep the gorse hedge along the front of our house, as it's impossible to get through. Once you're in it, you stay there till morning, when the geese get you!

Geese!
Noisy nasty things. Attack and guard anything. Very painful bite, and aggressively fearless.
Bit difficult to keep as a deterrent in a car though.
my mate has two of these as pets , sodding things , peck the hell out of the car everytime I visit :p

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Geese get fed things that kill them overnight, my uncle used to have them.

Having anything nice is always a problem.

Festooning your car or anything else with security is a real pain, I leave home with literally dozens of things to check no doubt to return one day to watch on my 4K CCTV some scumbag taking a sledge hammer to a window.

Then if past history is anything to go by the Insurance Company will seek to worm out of paying and the Police will send some youth a day later to tell me what I have done wrong.

Then as in the past I will have to find them and the courts will dish out a pathetic sentence......me bitter nooooooooo.

Reactions: DSK

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Yes, extreme noise is the way forward. I have a 400db sound blaster inside the workshop here. It makes you dizzy when it goes off.

A mate of mine wanted to experience it, so we shut the doors and I detonated the SOS button. He ran out the fire exit after about 10 seconds and claimed, "thats so loud it made my balls ache!"

I think that it bounces off a aluminium roof and door adds to the intensity.

That sounds great sport coupled with a superstrobe a fogger a spiky pit oh and a rabid dog, a dose of three phase.................

Can you tell I have had a few issues ?

I have even been warned by the police for "my conduct" there was three of the scum.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom