Glow plug fault.

DougMb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cls 320 diesel 2006
I have one glow plug gone on cylinder 6.
The car starts fine with just a extra couple of turns in the winter. The glow plug light is staying on for a minute or so after it has started. Now my question is should I just change the one faulty glow plug when the others are fine. Bearing in mind that the said glow plug has been faulty for around eight months now. I know on other posts it says change them all because the others will follow the faulty one but so far I have not had any problems. It just seems a waste of money when I have five glow plugs still working Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It’s your choice really- the hassle of getting the beggars out will either lead you to do them all when you’re on a roll or put you off doing the rest!
If it was me I’d be inclined to do them all and get it over with, but that’s probably just me!

OP
DougMb

DougMb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cls 320 diesel 2006
Thanks for the reply. I won't be doing it myself, I'm useless with my hands I use a friend of mine that used to work for BMW.
Another question which I should have included is what make of glow plugs to get. It seems to me that Beru seems to be the favourite for Mercs. I was wondering about the comparison between them and Bosch Duratherms. Plus I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction to good online deals

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Think 6 bosch are about 46 quid. Hardly a fortune tbh.

OP
DougMb

DougMb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cls 320 diesel 2006
I was also wondering about a trustworthy place to get them from as well, because apparently there's a lot of fakes going around on ebay

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom