What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Can visualise it now "Community Speedwatch" on horseback holding up traffic, crapping all over the roads out with their speed guns clocking the tractors as they drive through the village!

All in the name of elf & safe tea, coming to a village near you!

Mercedes SL500 R231

FTFY :D

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport
Good luck, please report back.

So it’s been a week since Anthony at GAD waved his wand over my 350d coupe, and the car is, as expected, far more responsive than before, the 9g box may be a factor, I’m certainly a fan of the torque uplift and the way the car feels like it’s shed weight. I’ve no numbers yet, but the mpg doesn’t look to be vastly different and truth be told, I’m inclined to press the pedal a bit more than previously....

Delighted overall, and GAD is an interesting way to while away an afternoon, with some long term benefits.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
After a few weeks messing with the Chevies and the SL, finally got round to having the front discs and pads replaced on the CL. (discretion with the old knees and back suggested local MB indie was the route to go - have you felt the weight of a CL 65 disc?) Bargain at £54 I thought.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
After noticing the heater vents weren't responding to changes in the position dial reconnected the vacuum line and all better. Must have come detached when the engine mount failed. I like easy fixes :)

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Mechanics and panelbeaters own cars that are work in progress, then when we finish them they usually get sold :rolleyes:
Agreed 100%......:D:D:D

LesTaylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 SL55 AMG F1
......and that is besides the horse $h1t that the rah, rah horsey types leave all over our roads.

Last week, I was travelling behind a farmer pulling a trailer with one of those massive tractors and he lost control of the trailer and was lucky not to lose control of everything. Many of them drive like idiots and we have lots of complaints in the village about the speed of farming equipment through the village -

I have to confess to nearly being run off the road today by a ‘move over I’m coming through tractor driver with a huge trailer, glad I have my dash cam going all the time, could you imagine trying to prove they were in the wrong...:mad: It’s enough for me to stop buying fresh produce from farm shops...o_O

LesTaylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 SL55 AMG F1
......and that is besides the horse $h1t that the rah, rah horsey types leave all over our roads.QUOTE]

I cleaned my car again today, only to go round a tight corner and through cow and horse 5hit...:mad: I could not believe the amount, I’m guessing there must have been a wheel barrow load as the horses and cattle crossed the road...thinking about it I could have missed some cattle rustlers in action...so what have I done with my merc today??? Washed it twice...

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Drove 300 miles through some shocking motorway conditions to North Wales . Car was filthy so I got my old Dad to wash it for me :D

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
......and that is besides the horse $h1t that the rah, rah horsey types leave all over our roads.

Last week, I was travelling behind a farmer pulling a trailer with one of those massive tractors and he lost control of the trailer and was lucky not to lose control of everything. Many of them drive like idiots and we have lots of complaints in the village about the speed of farming equipment through the village -

One of the more worrying problems we encounter here is the age of some of the drivers of these gigantic tractors...on the farm, no licence needed, so it's nothing to see youngsters from as young as 13/14/15 years old, behind the wheel.And unfortunately, on the back roads too occasionally, especially when moving stuff from one part of the farm to another. Legal age for driving a tractor is 16, but that come's from way back, when they were low powered and slow moving. Today's beasts are a horse of not only a different colour....but in every other conceivable way too!. And boy can they move!!! They are seriously dangerous machines in the wrong hands. With the silage season now in full swing here, any trip on the secondary road's is literally taking your life in your hand's.

LesTaylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 SL55 AMG F1
Reunited again after 3weeks away at Welwynmerx :cool: the 500 now back in the hands of the Missus and I get my 55 to drive again yaaaaa :D
View attachment 51009

They look great, what do you call a group of SL’s together? Any thoughts?
How about “A Drove of SL’s or a Posse of SL’s” :rolleyes:

LesTaylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 SL55 AMG F1
One of the more worrying problems we encounter here is the age of some of the drivers of these gigantic tractors...on the farm, no licence needed, so it's nothing to see youngsters from as young as 13/14/15 years old, behind the wheel.And unfortunately, on the back roads too occasionally, especially when moving stuff from one part of the farm to another. Legal age for driving a tractor is 16, but that come's from way back, when they were low powered and slow moving. Today's beasts are a horse of not only a different colour....but in every other conceivable way too!. And boy can they move!!! They are seriously dangerous machines in the wrong hands. With the silage season now in full swing here, any trip on the secondary road's is literally taking your life in your hand's.

I can not believe how young some of the drivers look, being that high seems to give them a sense of power and arrogants...

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
They look great, what do you call a group of SL’s together? Any thoughts?
How about “A Drove of SL’s or a Posse of SL’s” :rolleyes:
A breakdown...:rolleyes:

Or a worry of SL’s

I’ll get my coat

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I can not believe how young some of the drivers look, being that high seems to give them a sense of power and arrogants...

The guy that nearly lost his tractor / trailer was a youngster and was using the full road so we couldn't even get past him.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom