Is W212 what garage says it is?

Matthew Clifton

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 W212
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a E220 (W212) 2012 plate. It's from a Mercedes Main Dealer. I was told by the salesman that it is an Avantgarde.

Having put the registration number in a car checker it is coming back with:

Mercedes-benz E-class E 220 CDI BE Executive SE.

Is this correct? I haven't seen the logbook as yet, what should be listed on this?

Having never owned a Mercedes before i'm unsure what i'm *thinking* of buying. If the above is a lower model than an Avantgarde what kind of bargain point will i have?

Best Regards,
Matt.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
From the 2012 brochure model line up:

Base model: E class SE - Artico leather, 16” alloy wheels and Audio 20 (also standard on the Avantgarde) it does have parktronic and Bluetooth

Upgraded Avantgarde: leather upholstery, suspension sits 15mm lower on 17in alloy wheels, intelligent lighting with bi-xenon

Sport: 18in alloy wheels, sports seats with leather bolsters, AMG styling

There was infinite choice across the models regarding extras ie COMAND and leather upholstery etc, it would appear that the OPs car may have been ordered with leather and COMAND - my choice would be Avantgarde or Sport but if you want ultimate comfort the SE would fit the bill

MB may have marketed a ‘business special’ as in Leather and COMAND were included to boost sales of the SE

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
MB may have marketed a ‘business special’ as in Leather and COMAND were included to boost sales of the SE

Which is exactly what the Executive SE is

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Which is exactly what the Executive SE is

I’d just be wary of the rest of the spec bi-xenon is a must for me nowadays, might be better to buy the Avantgarde with COMAND there are plenty out there

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
OP put the reg up, or the VIN if you have it and we should be able to get the datacard for you, that should illustrate wot it is.

Or put the reg in here:
https://www.enginecentre.com

then put the vin in any to these:
using this link that AMGeed kindly put up for us

https://www.datamb.com/

Or there is an Android app that Lost Kiwi kindly put up for us

MB Vin Decoder

And There is also an iOS app kindly put up for us by Srdl

VIN decoder for Mercedes Benz

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ The Engine Centre link no longer works Keith.:(
Fortunately some can still access the Blue Print live site which can give the Vin# from the Reg#:D

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
^ The Engine Centre link no longer works Keith.:(
Fortunately some can still access the Blue Print live site which can give the Vin# from the Reg#:D

How odd, I used it before posting earlier to check it, damn. But thanks Roger :geek::)

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
How odd, I used it before posting earlier to check it, damn. But thanks Roger :geek::)

Maybe you are one of the fortunate ones where the link still works.
I get nothing.
Blueprint live works for me, but not for a lot of others

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Avantgarde with Comand works for me - you get the Intelli-lights zenon headlamps that way. I think the Avantgarde is also a good compromise between wheel diameter, comfort and handling. Biased, of course...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom