ML270 oil seperator

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Hi All
Going to replace this at next service, ordered the item and was told seals with it, but alas not true, only ones i can find are £10 for two o rings.
Question.
Any one done this job and were the o rings ok to reuse, i would lube them with silicon oil first before refitting, or do they get destroyed when taking old part off.

Cheers

JG

RUBBER_UNDIES

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 w211 E270 177 BHP
The old o rings should be okay to re use as long as they aren't damaged. I took mine off recently to see if the diaphragm was okay. Put it back on and hasn't leaked or anything.

OP
J

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Thanks

OP
J

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Hi All.
well, replaced oil separator, also replaced the seal (Mercedes call it a spacer !) in the pipe from air intake to Turbo. Cleaned the oil up that was there and gave myself a pat on the back that oil leak cured. ran car to garage and back, checked and it was dry. Used it to work next day, checked and oil back again (bugger).
Next day stripped it down again and had a closer look, the oil does not seem to be coming from the seal but from the back of the turbo itself, just about two drips in 30 odd miles.
There are 4 8mm bolts on the rear of turbo, the lower one above where oil collects also was a bit wet. I got a spanner on it and got about 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn.
checked again today after a 20 mile run and its dry.
we shall see.

RUBBER_UNDIES

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 w211 E270 177 BHP
Hi All.
well, replaced oil separator, also replaced the seal (Mercedes call it a spacer !) in the pipe from air intake to Turbo. Cleaned the oil up that was there and gave myself a pat on the back that oil leak cured. ran car to garage and back, checked and it was dry. Used it to work next day, checked and oil back again (bugger).
Next day stripped it down again and had a closer look, the oil does not seem to be coming from the seal but from the back of the turbo itself, just about two drips in 30 odd miles.
There are 4 8mm bolts on the rear of turbo, the lower one above where oil collects also was a bit wet. I got a spanner on it and got about 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn.
checked again today after a 20 mile run and its dry.
we shall see.
Thanks for the update.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom