C250 cdi Om651 delphi ECU tuning

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLk250
Gazwould, you got me thinking about where the car is shifting and because all I can do being out of the country is research I came across something I didn't realize. I have never reset the adaptive shifting in the 2 years that I have owned the car, in fact I didn't even know that I could. I figure this is a good place to start seeing I just replaced the ECU after remapping. Thoughts?

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Gazwould, you got me thinking about where the car is shifting and because all I can do being out of the country is research I came across something I didn't realize. I have never reset the adaptive shifting in the 2 years that I have owned the car, in fact I didn't even know that I could. I figure this is a good place to start seeing I just replaced the ECU after remapping. Thoughts?

Isn't that an "Urban Myth"? The cars are constantly adapting, any reset procedure I've tried does absolutely nothing.

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
I've C class so might be a little different and I've 7g+ gearbox , you might have the 9g in the GLK ?

In Economy or Comfort mode whatever you have mine upshifts as low as 1100 rpm as that gearbox was designed to do for economy along with the thin gearbox oil .
This is fine as the car has good low down torque as any bi-turbo turbo diesel has .

The fuller throttle shift points are at a less desirable rpm of 4600 .

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
That's weird youtube vids show C Class upchanging at 4600 rpm and GLK 4200 rpm ish.

This C250 CDI has the later peak torque but peak bhp is made early so going to 4600 rpm has no use to this engine .

2019-07-15 06.46.16.png

Other 250 CDI OM651

CLS
E Class
GLC
ML
S Class
SLC
SLK .

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLk250
I'm sure, but the m119's not a diesel is it?
But our 4 bangers are over achievers @ 2600 RPM in torque department when compared to yours. And oh yea, we have more compression than you :)
But we might be able to compete with you pulling someone out of the bog - I once pulled a full size pickup that buried itself in the Florida sand with no help from him- I was impressed, he didn't believe it was a 4 cylinder diesel. It made me want to drive around looking for people who were stuck to make up for my GLK's feeling of inadequacy not having a m119.

Last edited:

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
You've got one of those later peak torque but makes peak power very early .

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLk250
Good Day Gazwould, I just started a new thread on it to get some insight, so thanks for your reply.
So help me understand what you're saying. The torque is later but power is very early - forgive my ignorance so is that an indication that the remap has been done incorrectly? I can't make heads or tails of the graphs other than I was expecting expecting torque at about 420 ft. lbs. (570 nwm.) and H.P. around 240 and the other graphs I've seen seem to be much smoother and more symmetrical getting to power.

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Yes graph not smooth as if file had just been installed and needs 50 miles or so of learning and refining the new values .

Dyno might be sensitive , plus we don't have the benefit of a run as stock to compare.

I wouldn't get hung up on figures as they can vary from dyno to dyno depending how accurate .

At the end of the day they are above stock but you could do with some earlier torque to get that drivability from a 1100 rpm upchange .

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLk250
I drove the GLK to Tennessee yesterday, 500 miles and averaged 39.1 mpg. That's with my wife and I both driving, me typically with the cruise set at around 73 mph and my wife driving without cruise 65-75 mph. So I can't complain about the mileage and the power was good on for highway driving and strong for passing. But 1500 RPM still "feels" sluggish for lack of a better term.

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
What gears is that felt in , presumably the higher gears 5, 6 & 7 ?

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLk250
Yes, all highway driving 50 mph to 75 mph, I think the average ended up being around 65 mph. However being the USA I was running hours uninterrupted at higher speeds. But getting to north Georgia and Tennessee there was some light mountain driving.
High at one point was 42+ mpg. Kept looking for a tractor trailer that was traveling at the right speed to break the wind for me.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom