2004 CLK55 Clock Set

Parf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK55 A209 (5.4 V8)
Hi,

I have removed my COMAND system and replaced it with an Android system. The problem now is the clock on the dash is wrong and there is no option to change it in the menu as it syncs with the COMAND.

Does anyone know of another way to change the clock on the dash?

Thanks

Mark

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Hi,

I have removed my COMAND system and replaced it with an Android system. The problem now is the clock on the dash is wrong and there is no option to change it in the menu as it syncs with the COMAND.

Thanks

Mark

You will need to get the cluster coded to allow the time to be set.

We can do it for you if you fancy a trip to Lightwater.

OP
P

Parf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK55 A209 (5.4 V8)
Apreciate the offer and the reply but thats a bit of a drive for me.

Will the clock reset to 12 o'clock if i disconnect the battery? I can just wait until noon and reconnect the battery.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Guess the proof is in the pudding, try it. you will of course have to do this twice a year with clock changes.

thebiglad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270 cdi
Hi,

Thanks

Mark
Hi Mark, I have a 2005 CLK with an Android radio doohickey and on my car I was able to re-set the clock on the dashboard easily, going via the settings menu available via the LHS steering wheel buttons.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
I experienced the same when I exchanged my Comand in the Viano.
12 hour clock reconnect battery at midday,
24 hour clock reconnect at midnight.

Or just use the clock on the Android system that is set by GPS.

OP
P

Parf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK55 A209 (5.4 V8)
Thanks for your replies. Ill try disconnecting the battery at midday and let you know if it works.

The clock on the Android unit is correct but it is very small so if i can get the big one on the dash working easily it will be worth it.

thebiglad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270 cdi
Thanks for your replies. Ill try disconnecting the battery at midday and let you know if it works.

The clock on the Android unit is correct but it is very small so if i can get the big one on the dash working easily it will be worth it.
Hi Mark did you not read my post ? You can reset the dashboard clock in seconds and immediately if you go to Settings via the steering wheel controls.

OP
P

Parf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK55 A209 (5.4 V8)
Hi Dave, Unfortunately the time setting is not available. As I had the COMAND system the clock was set via the headunit so its not in the menu on the dashboard. i will have to have the car re-programmed on a STAR to recognise it as the Audio 20 system, then the menu will appear.

Reactions: M80

thebiglad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270 cdi
Hi Parf, as I said before, in my CLK I also have an Android Radio media system much like yours (apparently the car previously had a command system) and I could reset mine, so I don't understand why you couldn't with yours ??

OP
P

Parf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK55 A209 (5.4 V8)
Maybe its because i have the AMG clock, it may work differently. There is definately no option to set the clock in the dash menu, i have had a good look through it all. It isnt even mentioned in the user manual as i guess the COMAND system set the clock automatically by GPS.

OP
P

Parf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK55 A209 (5.4 V8)
Thanks, I appreciate the help. Ill try it Saturday and let you know if it works.

I disconnected the battery when i fitted the Android and i remember the clock spinning around when i reconnected it so i think it will work.

thebiglad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270 cdi
Thanks, I appreciate the help. Ill try it Saturday and let you know if it works.

I disconnected the battery when i fitted the Android and i remember the clock spinning around when i reconnected it so i think it will work.
I had the clock spinning backwards bit when my battery was drained down; took it off and fully recharged it, reinstalled it - no more backwards clock and dead easy to reset.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom