I recieved a very bad customer experience at MB branch in Stratford London.

Jndom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 / 2013 / 1.5
Dear MB Customers,

Can anybody recommend me or give me a direct email address of very senior person in MB?

Stratford london Branch seems to be doing something that is ruining the the MB brand name, and nobody seems to be doing anything about it.

Check out their google reviews, and I'm telling you. All the negative reviews are all true. Today I became a victim of this lying and conning employees and managers of this MB branch.

Thank you all in advance.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
What happened?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Though I don't do 'social media' myself, Twitter is the place to complain ..... MB was on the phone to me within hours after Emily posted for me on Twitter

OP
J

Jndom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 / 2013 / 1.5
What happened?

I dropped my vehicle for a service safety recall early in the morning. The I went to pick up at around 2pm, and I was been told by a receptionist that my car is almost ready.

After half an hour, I was then told by a sales person known as Myles, that I wont be able to drive my car because it's not starting anymore, and it would take 5 working days or more just to order the parts they require.

He asked to me collect all my belongings from my car, and then asked for my driving licence to issue me a "replacement car". After a couple of minutes, I was then told that they cannot even issue me a replacement car anymore due to my license being new (less than a year).

This was followed up by a Team manager (Vic Ahmed) who mentioned that he called Mercedez office and they said I am not eligible.

Can anybody tell me where in their terms & conditions does it mention that a customer cannot get a replacement car if he/she has a license for less a year please?

OP
J

Jndom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 / 2013 / 1.5
Though I don't do 'social media' myself, Twitter is the place to complain ..... MB was on the phone to me within hours after Emily posted for me on Twitter

Can you please tell me which MB profile did Emily tagged? @xxxx

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
I wont be able to drive my car because it's not starting anymore, and it would take 5 working days or more just to order the parts they require.

Did you take a good look at your car, for damage, before you left the dealership ?

Did you ask anyone what was actually required to repair the car in order to get it to start and will you be paying for the parts or is it something that the garage has done to prevent the car from starting ?

Five days + for a part , seems a bit much.

RE the courtesy car , i dont think you can hire a car until you are 21 and have 12 months driving experience since passing the test so they maybe correct in not being able to supply a CC as far as their insurance goes . To be fair it is probably not something they have had to do very often , if at all.

It is still their problem to sort though.

K

thebiglad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270 cdi
Bare in mind that most if not all MB concessionaires are independent businesses, not owned and run by MB. So you can write to MB HQ, but generally they are not interested so long as the garage concerned sell enough cars and buys enough repair parts.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Bare in mind that most if not all MB concessionaires are independent businesses, not owned and run by MB. So you can write to MB HQ, but generally they are not interested so long as the garage concerned sell enough cars and buys enough repair parts.

I think they would still be concerned about their image though :( A mate of mine some years back worked for MB and thought he was doing the right thing by staying in a Travelodge to look good on his expenses. All he received was a boll**ing for not displaying the right image :rolleyes:

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Can you please tell me which MB profile did Emily tagged? @xxxx

I use these: @MercedesBenz @MercedesBenzUK

You'll get a swift reply to DM them or take a call. Be firm but polite. Give them timescales and objective of what you expect, then when they fail to deliver re twat them pointing out their failure to deliver an agreed response in an agreed time. Play the game. You could twat the motoring mags in the trail too ;)

MB Stratford are a MB Retail Group dealership, ie owned by MB UK.
https://www.mercedes-benzretailgroup.co.uk/mercedes-benz-cars/contact-us/stratford-after-sales/

Seems odd the car in for a safety recall and no parts available. What was the recall for exactly?

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Does it say in any terms and conditions you have read that you are entitled to a replacement car for a safety recall? If not you have no complaint any way on this aspect.
Notwithstanding this, I would suspect that the dealer has possibly damaged something when doing the work. Unlikely I would have thought that they booked the car in for a safety recall without having the parts in, but anything is possible.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Liability is clear.

The car drove normally into the Dealership.
They tampered with it, and now - because of their interference - they have somehow disabled it.

They need to compensate you. How that is done to your satisfaction is between you and them.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.

For companies generally, I'd say that's very unusual. Standard MO for complaints on Twitter / Facebook is for the company to ask for details by private message, string you along for a bit until the complaint has gone cold, then fob you off.

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
They could offer you an “extended test drive” of a new car? .......

Or at least cover all your Uber taxis for the period....

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
I certainly wouldn't have moved from the dealers until something had been sorted. I'm getting sick and tired of people attempting to fob me off with problems they themselves have created. If they can't provide a car then they would need to give me a £1000 float for starters to cover taxi's as I would have a lot of travel to do whilst the car was being fixed.

There is no problem with Mercedes getting insurance for a loan car. Road Traffic Act 1988 Section 144 Subsection 1 covers it - https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/144 Its how the really wealthy people cover their cars....

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom