How do you use your Climate Control?

TMMGreen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi Estate W211 V6 2005
The system will work in Auto without Aircon but obviously will not be able to cool the car below the temperature of the outside air - so that will always be the minimum when working with aircon off. Cheaper to run, though!

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
erm, whats climate control !!!!!!!!
I know the "lump" has this, but i just have it on cold in the summer, and hot in the winter.
Is this what the "auto" button is for !, never did get round to reading the owners manual, i lost the will to live after a few pages.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
The system will work in Auto without Aircon but obviously will not be able to cool the car below the temperature of the outside air - so that will always be the minimum when working with aircon off. Cheaper to run, though!

I realise that, but surprised it works as it does.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
erm, whats climate control !!!!!!!!
I know the "lump" has this, but i just have it on cold in the summer, and hot in the winter.
Is this what the "auto" button is for !, never did get round to reading the owners manual, i lost the will to live after a few pages.
Auto will dynamically adjust airflow, fan speed and input temperature to maintain the cabin temperature set.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Always on auto, just set the temp and forget about it.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Auto will dynamically adjust airflow, fan speed and input temperature to maintain the cabin temperature set.

only bit not fully clear above, is that it has a thermostat you set the cabin temp on the dash display, and it does all above to get the number you picked - but makes lots of noise trying, in my view they are more irritating than helpful, doesn't do it very well and is best left off....

unless it my dad's 211 and then the rear get zero heating at all in any manual combination you care to try - but has no faults and works correctly in auto

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
only bit not fully clear above, is that it has a thermostat you set the cabin temp on the dash display, and it does all above to get the number you picked - but makes lots of noise trying, in my view they are more irritating than helpful, doesn't do it very well and is best left off....

unless it my dad's 211 and then the rear get zero heating at all in any manual combination you care to try - but has no faults and works correctly in auto
Never found auto in the r230 irritating or noisy at all. That has separate auto modes each side.

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Set temperature, ensure still in auto, threaten any passengers not to touch :D

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Set temperature, ensure still in auto, [fit ear plugs - start the car] threaten any passengers not to touch :D
Set temperature, ensure still in auto, threaten any passengers not to touch :D

you missed out the safety check list
ensure windows shut incase young children blown out the window
defibrillator charged
fit ear plugs
hair piece glue working (for some)

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Set temperature, ensure still in auto, [fit ear plugs - start the car] threaten any passengers not to touch :D

you missed out the safety check list
ensure windows shut incase young children blown out the window
defibrillator charged
fit ear plugs
hair piece glue working (for some)

:) Spent far too long in vehicles with no A/C in punishing climates not to appreciate a cool breeze across my brow on a warm and sunny day:)

ordessa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class
I love my Climate control in the Summer in my B Class... now I've trained the family to let the A/C and car bring the temp down - once they've shut the windows so I dont try and cool Hampshire!
One thing 've struggled with is winter when u use the climate control to have A/c to keep the windows mist free... but I get complaints its cold air...-

Upping the "temp "means warm but cold... Am I doing something wrong... or should I just play with the vents a bit to get them to direct the a/c'd air better?

I am prepared to be called a numpty here!
:)
Steve

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I love my Climate control in the Summer in my B Class... now I've trained the family to let the A/C and car bring the temp down - once they've shut the windows so I dont try and cool Hampshire!
One thing 've struggled with is winter when u use the climate control to have A/c to keep the windows mist free... but I get complaints its cold air...-

Upping the "temp "means warm but cold... Am I doing something wrong... or should I just play with the vents a bit to get them to direct the a/c'd air better?

I am prepared to be called a numpty here!
:)
Steve

If AC is on and a warm temp is selected, it will still dry the air and stop it misting up. You don't need cold air.

ordessa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class
I probably need to lift the temp on "managements" side then! :)
Thank god for zoned climate control...didnt beleive it til I tried it
Thanks
Steve

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
if owners keep turning on and off the AC the car's general level of humidity is a lot higher than if always left on...

Demist setting usually directs all air flow to the screen and brings in external air, the reason behind that is if its cold then outside air should be low humidity and it will help with demisting. (Air can only hold significant moisture in suspension if its warm)

AC on all cars turns off at 3C or lower (or thereabouts) its designed to stop the gas freezing in the condenser with wind chill, as that could cause damage.... as above, when that cold, humidity control is not a huge issue and you seldom notice if its on or off.

a mate swears that AC causes you to get misted windscreen on start up in the summer, and he attempts to manage the issue by trying not to use it all the time.... he's an idiots and it because he keeps molesting the settings he has issues.
(caveat: however there will be rare occasions where weather conditions will cause the odd 30 second issue with misting - it usually clears in seconds once AC cuts in - and is another good reason to leave some air flow on the screen at all times - but takes much longer if AC buttons is molested frequently and or no air flow on the screen.

OP
E

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
What a response to such a simple question!!!! It shows a willingness from the forum mrmbers :)

Agreed! Forum members are always willing to share views and practices and this thread has been no exception. I hope the discussion has been useful to all who have followed the 36 or so posts.

Ernie

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom