Updates to maps

Jam80s

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014
Fat fingers ..... it's in A menu ;)
lol, i've looked in every menu I can find and cannot find any reference to version or changing the map display and the instructions in the handbook show menus i can't see

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
lol, i've looked in every menu I can find and cannot find any reference to version or changing the map display and the instructions in the handbook show menus i can't see

I'll have a look later .... when I finish work ;)

Abb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
I may be mistaken, but AFAIK the the current map version installed is in a sub menu within the engineering menu.
Also taken from the MBworld site:

You can check the version from Nav/map mode.
Select Options (at bottom left)
Select Map Contents
Select Map Versions at bottom.

Jam80s

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014
I may be mistaken, but AFAIK the the current map version installed is in a sub menu within the engineering menu.
Also taken from the MBworld site:

You can check the version from Nav/map mode.
Select Options (at bottom left)
Select Map Contents
Select Map Versions at bottom.

I wish I could find that tab, in the Navi mode the only tabs at the bottom are, Guide, Traffic, Position, and Destination :-(

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Highlight the Navi tab

20190512-203640.jpg

and press the control knob, which should give you this .....

20190512-203647.jpg

and the map version is at the bottom of the list ....

20190512-203659.jpg

not sure why I have different size pictures :confused:

Reactions: Abb

Jam80s

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014
Highlight the Navi tab

20190512-203640.jpg

and press the control knob, which should give you this .....

20190512-203647.jpg

and the map version is at the bottom of the list ....

20190512-203659.jpg

not sure why I have different size pictures :confused:

Found it thanks very much, it shows mine as 2014/2015 V11

the VIN tracker i have shows the car had option "502 3 years of map updates free of charge" what's my chances of getting my dealer to do the update? probably very low :-(

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Found it thanks very much, it shows mine as 2014/2015 V11

the VIN tracker i have shows the car had option "502 3 years of map updates free of charge" what's my chances of getting my dealer to do the update? probably very low :-(

You can always ask ...

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
mines showing the same, maybe more chance of having the updates done if booking a service at the same time, maybe ??

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
it is the owners responsibility to use the offer inside the timeframe its covered for....

it makes me sick owners are too stupid to follow up. A guy at work has a 2017 year car I said get the maps updated... why would I do that, I use the phone.... criminal irresponsibility, people who don't get security updates (or the maps) deserve to have the car hacked and driven off the road. is it any wonder the world's a mess.

Jam80s

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014
Dealer just quoted me £100 to update the maps, not a bad result given the retail cost.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
if u wait a bit the 2020 mapping should be released soon

u often see them become available in Aug but pretty sure they are really out quite a bit earlier

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
If I was looking to keep a car, I would remove the head unite and replace with an android one, free to install whatever apps and nav you like for free, plus being able to update online via another device via BlueTooth tethering would be a bonus.

OP
A

Andrew Miller

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 220 BlueTEC Estate AMG Night Edition
After several abortive attempts at updating the GPS unit and finding out it was a Command On Line system not a Garmin system the cost to update at my local MB dealer is £156 and will take three hours.

Jam80s

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 2014
After several abortive attempts at updating the GPS unit and finding out it was a Command On Line system not a Garmin system the cost to update at my local MB dealer is £156 and will take three hours.
I had mine done on Thursday at local dealer it took about 3 hours and cost £99.23

Altamar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 SL400
it is the owners responsibility to use the offer inside the timeframe its covered for....

it makes me sick owners are too stupid to follow up.

I don't see why we should accept it is the owner's fault that dealers aren't doing these updates, which are after all included in the initial cost of the car.

If owners aren't taking their cars into MB dealerships for servicing during the initial three years, and are perhaps using other (cheaper) alternatives, then I would agree they can't expect the other benefits to come automatically. But where we have paid MB prices to keep up full service histories I can see no excuse for the updates not being done and it feels perilously close to fraud on the part of dealers.

I don't ask the dealer to change the combination filter on a B service, nor check it has been done - it is part of the scheduled service - so why should I have to ask for map updates I have already paid for, or check they have been done when the car has a full MB service history?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I don't see why we should accept it is the owner's fault that dealers aren't doing these updates, which are after all included in the initial cost of the car.

If owners aren't taking their cars into MB dealerships for servicing during the initial three years, and are perhaps using other (cheaper) alternatives, then I would agree they can't expect the other benefits to come automatically. ?

the issue is the way Mercedes Benz does its software.... every module is unique and gets an update one buy one.... (funnily enough with the exception of Comand where 4 modules get updated in one go)

therefore to bring say my car up to date, would require in the region of 80 hours of updates with every single one (50 modules / separate systems) each needing operator intervention to check and follow the procedure on screen at that moment.

On a BMW you plug it in and say go.... come back after 3 hours of tea, and its all complete with every module getting a brand new copy of known to be fully compatible software

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom