What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Today we are listing our 2 SL's for sale :( But would like to offer them to forum members first before we take the plunge this evening and list them on that other auction site, however I can't seem to add to the Mercedes Car Classifieds because it is asking for tags?? I have no idea what that means or how to add??
Hoping some body can sort this please.

Peter

Up date, now sorted and posted :D

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Today we are listing our 2 SL's for sale :( But would like to offer them to forum members first before we take the plunge this evening and list them on that other auction site, however I can't seem to add to the Mercedes Car Classifieds because it is asking for tags?? I have no idea what that means or how to add??
Hoping some body can sort this please.

Peter
Sad day Peter but I can well appreciate why...hope all goes well with the sale (s)

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sad day Peter but I can well appreciate why...hope all goes well with the sale (s)

Sure is, don't mind selling the SL500, as we will replace that with an SLK :cool:
Hopefully nobody will buy my 55 :D There is nothing out there that is as lip stretching when you put your foot down for the price you can buy them for :cool:
My ad is now posted on the forum :):(

quinnj3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport Coupe Auto 227bhp
Sold it!

Was a beautiful car to drive when running but this year it just seemed to be fault after fault. I just needed something more reliable. I prepped the car for sale and fixed all faults before hand. The new owner was bowled over by its condition and history (which I documented fully). I just hope they have better luck with it than I did. I’ve moved on from Merc for the time being. Although I didn’t contribute much here I appreciate all help and advice I received throughout my time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Drove it into the local ville where it saw a french 129. It didn't talk to it though.

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Drove it home from my holidays emptied it and vacced out all bogeys and dog hair. 2350miles in 2 weeks at 43mpg. Not bad really

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Looked at mine under the cover and rain.
Not one overly fussy about car cleaning but wash it properly when required. I found this cover brand called Pruuf for about £60 over a year ago and it cuts down on a lot of cleaning. Not one for the aficionados of ceramic coatings and clay as it hasn't a fleecy lining but it has survived the ice, snow, gales and 40C here where others of the same or slightly dearer price have turned literally to dust in the same time. Hope to get another year out of it at least.
Got a second one for the Golf shortly after just a little too big but does the job so far.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Rubbed some WD40 into the recent car park door smash scratch ... doesn't look too bad now, but I have no time to [try to] polish that off yet ... maybe next week... :(

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Bought the small service kit (oil filter and oil, all 10lt of it), for m'coupe with all good intentions of doing it today, when swmbo happened to point out that the tree which overlooks our back door (not ours, ownership unknown and, denied by all possible parties), was beginning to foul on our phone line and could really do with being pruned back.

Oh well, the service indicator on the car is still showing 20 days until it's due and the whole house would turn on me if the internet went down, so, I decided to prune the tree back.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

As I was climbing about on the tree I discovered a bit of rot, I nearly fell out of the damned tree when what I thought was a fairly substancial branch gave way. Just as well I was following the three limbs on, one limb off routine or I would have fallen at least 20 feet. :shock:

As a result of this discovery I decide to lop off the top 15 feet as well just to be on the safe side. So, I'm working away, not really paying attention that the wind is getting up. I'm almost to the point I'm about to stop in preparation for the seperation when a bigger gust of wind breaks the thing before I'm quite ready, damn! it falls and then bounces of off one of the lower branches and whips out, snapping the feckin' cable I'd been trying to protect in the first place. Lots of blue language ensues. :mad::mad: :rolleyes:

I was left with no choice but to clean up the mess and, the plans that I had for doing the service after, went right out the window. I had to do a fair bit of prep work to do a temporary repair and get the phone and the net back on line. Three hours later, I'm finished and everything is working again, thank the lord. I would have been in deep do-do with everyone for breaking that cable however unintentionally it happened, particularly when our service provider will take a couple of weeks to replace the cable, fingers crossed it lasts. So much for a nice easy Saturday. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If this post is in the wrong place mods I apologise, and perhaps you can move it to the right place.
I hope you guys have all had a better Saturday than I have had. ;) :D
Still at least it's working, for the time being. :)

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Put mine in the garage and if you knew what my garage was like you’d you realise how much of a miracle that is :p

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Both SL's now listed, and 2 minutes later had a bid on the 500 and an offer on the 55...........Well, they wont be owning them :rolleyes:

Pick up the 500's replacement tomorrow afternoon :cool:

Martyn Cannon

Reaction score
Website
www.tithefarmclub.com
Your Mercedes
S500 2001 , CLK 320 Sport Auto 1998, Porsche Boxster 2.5 Manual 2000
So I collected a 2001 S500 from near oxford yesterday still had 1/2 tank of petrol
Drove it back to NW london home 60 miles
Then last night drove it to Littlehampton West Sussex 90 miles and back this morning 90 miles well might as well test it on the free fuel
Overall fantastic car average 29.8 MPG
Now it’s raining time to read the manuals and have a play

Anyone tell me where I find out what spec this car is as it’s seems to have so many extras and even keyless go didn’t even know this was a thing in 2001 Inc was the private plate J13 ACR which funny enough is my best mates initials
Also supplied was a spare battery and a new air con pump as current one needs replacing

Today’s jobs if the weather clears is to clean and valet and mess with functions

Also came with rear seat TV

700929267d8d4f37b03c1fa32594d50a.jpg

thebiglad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 270 cdi
Well yesterday actually, did the first bit of what you might call mechanicking. Oil and filter change.

Pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get the underbody panels off, left it to drain for ages to get all the mucky oil out, had previously purchased an oil filter housing removal tool which worked perfectly. Cleaned up the housing, changed the 'O'-rings and filter then put it all back together. 5w-30 fully synth 229.5 6 ltrs of, all good.

Incidentally, we all talk/moan about there being no engine oil dipstick on modern Mercs, but yesterday I found that mine has a dipstick tube, (no dipstick) but now she is at the correct level (according to the dashboard) I can use the autobox dipstick as a way of physically measuring the engine oil.

I'm finding that I like my CLK more and more - lovely summer car.

Next job will be the autobox oil/filter/gasket.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Currently girding my loins to start chasing down that current drain, today’s gonna be fun!

Top Bottom