Miss fire, running out of ideas

curious

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Only the Vito left! W639/1 OM646
As Alexanderfoti, reflash or update the ecu map. They can and do go rogue causing all sorts or weird problems. Star will not pick it up if it has gone bad.

OP
L

Laffalot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Mercedes E220 CDI
I had another garage do a diagnostics. After talking about the problem which actually existed when i visited them (often not the ****** case, the car runs fine when in with the mechanics,) the lad took off the fuel rail sensor and started it up, the issue stopped. He plugged it back in a a few seconds later it was back now this could be coincidence so he ran a diagnostic and wiped several stored codes he had found, I saw the read out and said to run it a couple of days and when the fault appears if it is the sensor it would show up but had reckoned the physical test hinted it was. He also checked live feed on the rail and it was holding steady with 298/300 and when issue appeared it was fluctuating all over the place up and down. Thanks for all the guidance so far I am very frustrated with this issue and yes throwing money at it is probably my only course of action at the moment.

OP
L

Laffalot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Mercedes E220 CDI
So, after a bit of an issue the lad got the car remapped with the aim to remove the misfire. After the map it def has more get up and go but the misfire is still there. The garage pulled the car straight in and they did an injector test and one cylinder was way out, so I have to get another injector. Got one ordered sp will get it in and c what happens. This just my luck.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Your getting there it seems, keep us posted!

Przemyslaw ladniak

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200, 20013, 2.1L, diesel,
Hi Laffalot, I wonder if u found out what was the actual reason of the misfire on ur car. I have similar problem but my computer is not showing and foults..

OP
L

Laffalot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Mercedes E220 CDI
Hello Przemyslaw. I have the car booked in for the injector tomorrow and I also got a fuel rail preasure sensor after recent feedback. I will get the injector replaced and if the misfire is still there I will get the sensor on. If none of those steps work i will be looking at the wire loom. Hopefully not though as I am sick of the problem now.

OP
L

Laffalot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Mercedes E220 CDI
So got the injector replaced again (different cylinder than before) and the fuel rail sensor at the same time due to pressure being out of the rail. Seems to have fixed the problem but if it recurs I will post again. So no codes Przemyslaw? I would unplug the fuel rail sensor and see if the misfire disappears if so the sensor is a 25 quid part so no great hit to the wallet, I would have done it myself if the injector was not needing done. Fingers crossed this is the end of the misfire.

Przemyslaw ladniak

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200, 20013, 2.1L, diesel,
So got the injector replaced again (different cylinder than before) and the fuel rail sensor at the same time due to pressure being out of the rail. Seems to have fixed the problem but if it recurs I will post again. So no codes Przemyslaw? I would unplug the fuel rail sensor and see if the misfire disappears if so the sensor is a 25 quid part so no great hit to the wallet, I would have done it myself if the injector was not needing done. Fingers crossed this is the end of the misfire.

I had the fuel system cleaned on my c200 due to a fuel being contaminated. I have tank washed along with all tubes. new filters, rail sensor and injectors. Car drove fine for few weeks after that until suddenly driving motorway I lost power, revs went down to the point that car was choking.. I could hear knocking as the enginge was working on 3 injectors. Computer did not recorded any fuel system faults however they were some electrical issues due to battery being undercharged. Guy who came to see my car started the engine with no probs. He deleted all faults and week later I replaced the battery. Unfortunately few days ago it happened again.. Under power, erratic, knocking engine.. I pulled over, turned the engine on and of few times. Locked it and unlocked it and problem disappear. Someone said to me that it still may be electrical fault because any issue with a fuel system would pop out on the dash... not sure what to do as like u said to replace piece by piece of this car will cost a fortune..

OP
L

Laffalot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Mercedes E220 CDI
Celebrated too soon, miss fire is still there although it performed faultless on a 180 mile journey yesterday. Hmmm right need to look at wire I guess, very frustrated.

OP
L

Laffalot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Mercedes E220 CDI
So just an update. I went back to the garage and theh madd the car fo some "runs" in the ecm but it does not seem to have fixed the miss fire. Over Christmas I got another battery as checking the voltage it was not holding charge. I had noticed that when you try to operate the electric windows up when closed it causes a missfire, this continues to be the case. I will continue to try and fix this issue. Happy New Year to you all.

OP
L

Laffalot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Mercedes E220 CDI
Apologies bembo449 for very slow response. I had not. I had post new battery and it gives 14.2 at the battery when running. Strangely and this was prior to the battery replacement if you try to operate the windows I.e up when closed this leads to a blip in RPM's and a change in engine note. My misfire still exists on occasions but has not gotten any worse.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom