Best way to clean dash!

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
For dashboard cleaning, I bought a gel from the Bay like the one shown here (I think I only paid £1). I also use a small paintbrush The gel's very effective at getting stuff out of all those nooks and crannies and has multi-use capability although at the price paid there's no worry to check it after one or two uses: -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-Care...203428?hash=item33f960cf64:g:t28AAOSw3S5b6Org

I gave one of the gels to my son and daughter - both please. My son thinks it's probably a detailer's secret weapon!

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
I didn't dare suggest baby wipes, but honestly they are amazing for cleaning so many things, you wonder how you managed without them :D

True - but without them you'd be parentless, and parentless people don't know the half of what they're missing!

Seriously, printers wipes are lint free because they have to be. I have a huge pack of them, and for windscreens and interiors they are excellent.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I tend to start with evian water and a sable brush I then move on to a Placenta based excoriating toxin lift.

I then finish with a hydroxy-retinol A amino gold balm buffed to an even satination.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I tend to start with evian water and a sable brush I then move on to a Placenta based excoriating toxin lift.

I then finish with a hydroxy-retinol A amino gold balm buffed to an even satination.

Not a damp rag then :rolleyes::D

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)

Not a damp rag then :rolleyes::D
Maybe his handkerchief after being mopped on his brow for dampness.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.

I don't believe you...a sable brush?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I sense some doubt in my in car beauty regime, your scepticism is hurtful.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Using a sable brush, shouldn't it be dipped in champagne (a la song: Champagne, sable and stuff) ?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I do have to come clean on this for those bereft of trivia as Autumn closes in.

Your Sable brush is actually from a weasel the kolinsky (Mustela sibirica) and of course the best hair comes from the male of the species.

So in essence you could drag a weasel over your dash and in extremis maybe your cat will oblige.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
True - but without them you'd be parentless, and parentless people don't know the half of what they're missing!

Seriously, printers wipes are lint free because they have to be. I have a huge pack of them, and for windscreens and interiors they are excellent.

See back in my parenting days there were no such things as baby wipes :p

Bopo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDi AMG Night Premium Plus (Sept 2015) with GAD Tuning re-map. Definitely not double badged.
Baby wipes?

Last time I tried wiping my dashboard with a baby it made a right old mess.

Anyway, for me it is a spritz of 10:1 APC and a wipe with a damp micro-fibre.

Any grubby textured bits get the same APC but with a cheap shoe brush off of that there Amazon thingy, then the damp cloth.

Multi-packs of micro-fibre cloths also available dirt-cheap on Amazon. Get yourself a few packs: white for glass; yellow for polish/cleaner on; blue for polish/cleaner off etc... works for me.

I also have a few large good quality ones used for drying paintwork.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom