W204 2009 limp mode. EGR OR INJECTOR... Let's see.

Darren Porter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 CDI 136bhp 2009 w204
My w204 is kicking into limp mode at various points, usually when trying to build speed or uphill.
The gearbox kickdown is slow and sluggish.
The engine light shows egr issues, and an injector with issues. After clearing a few times the injector persists and the egr hit and miss.
Also, the engine fan is full blast from turn over and never stops.
I'm guessing this is an AC sensor after reading some forums.. Ill put that on also, give it new filters and oil and see if really need new injectors... I hope not :(

Getting new egr in next few days, will try it let you know if it improves.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

Have you had the codes read by a Mercedes specific code reader?

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
check all fuses (full blast fan may indicate blown ecu fuse too)

if there are delphi injectors, they are really PITA ones...

OP
Darren Porter

Darren Porter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome

Have you had the codes read by a Mercedes specific code reader?

I've had it done at a few places but not Mercedes just yet. EGR emission ertod and an injector reading too.
I'll replace the egr, but the lack of power I think it's deeper.
Il. Update you when I get to Mercedes and also when I get the injectors tested :)

OP
Darren Porter

Darren Porter

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
check all fuses (full blast fan may indicate blown ecu fuse too)

if there are delphi injectors, they are really PITA ones...
Good idea.
Ivr checked all the fuses under bonnet, still need to do the few in the back but all coming back OK.

But! When I was fiddling about with testing, a 20amp fuse popped that was for the staring motor relay. So maybe a short somewhere... Would this affect the engine codes and the lack of power?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom