What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
8 cars and 1 bike, orders from the chief I afraid :(
That's always a good sign to see that type of leak on the R230 ;)

Don't know what else you are lucky enough to have but whatever they are it takes a hell of a lot to beat the shear beauty of that model "SL" sir! A hell of a lot.....

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Ah good old #8.... Why would you need anything else in your spares box?
Bent nail and baler twine, fix anything with that

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Took delivery of my new to me car, from a dealer up north. It was not a happy experience unfortunately.

Apparently his definition of immaculate, includes a bowling ball sized dent in the roof and scratches that go all the way across the top of the roof above the back window, amongst other things.

Also "full bare shell restoration" includes painting a car with the windows in. Not many bare shells down south with windows in them..................

humph

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Took delivery of my new to me car, from a dealer up north. It was not a happy experience unfortunately.

Apparently his definition of immaculate, includes a bowling ball sized dent in the roof and scratches that go all the way across the top of the roof above the back window, amongst other things.

Also "full bare shell restoration" includes painting a car with the windows in. Not many bare shells down south with windows in them..................

humph

So what now ?? :confused:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So what now ?? :confused:

Compensation inbound and I will have to book the car into a ****** bodyshop, for something that should not need any bodwork in the first place. All very frustrating.

Sales person feigned ignorance and downright lied on the phone whilst the delivery was taking place. I was not a happy bunny but had to get back to work.

Will post pictures up of it when I can :) :( bittersweet.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I used Natty's Poorboys on my black 63, apparently suited to darker cars - worked well. Also Purple Haze or Black Hole made for them!

I use Bilt Hamber Speed Wax Roger and there is no white filler left when you polish off. I guess if you left it on long enough to completely dry out there might be though. It's real easy to use and buff up. :)

The other one that I used for years was Armorall Shield. Now there definitely isn't any residual powder with that and you can allow it to go onto rubber surfaces without any white residual either. Again very easy to use and long lasting polish surface. Used to be the best product winner by Auto Express. I think that that honour has now passed on to Bilt Hamber though. :)

Try AG Ultra Deep Shine, it is SRP for dark coloured cars if you are then putting a wax over it the Bilt Hamber

I ordered Poorboys Black hole sealant and Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax from "Clean your Car" in the end.
Being delivered by DPD tomorrow. I'll see how this goes.
I must have the detailing bug.......I'm looking at DA polishers now:D

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now that’s unusual - not!

I know. I try not to tar them all with the same brush, but its difficult when history repeats itself. Lesson learnt, don't buy a car unseen, thinking that professional courtesy will win over somebodies greed.

Last edited:

Paul1948

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 CDI 2003
replaced airmatic compressor due to the suspension dropping to give 50mm ground clearance overnight. Compressor runs but no air

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I ordered Poorboys Black hole sealant and Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax from "Clean your Car" in the end.
Being delivered by DPD tomorrow. I'll see how this goes.
I must have the detailing bug.......I'm looking at DA polishers now:D

Get some Sonax to go over the top as an extra layer of protection

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
Thought about hoovering it and using the G3 mitt on it but I'll probably leave that until may or june.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Don't know what else you are lucky enough to have but whatever they are it takes a hell of a lot to beat the shear beauty of that model "SL" sir! A hell of a lot.....

Thank you, you too have impeccable Sir :)

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
replaced airmatic compressor due to the suspension dropping to give 50mm ground clearance overnight. Compressor runs but no air

I repaired mine on the S500 w220. Again pumping but not raising. But mine was only dropping a few mm's overnight but of course not going back up so over time just getting lower and lower.

On mine the pipe between the filter and the Pump had cracked so sucking in unfiltered air which over time damaged the Piston Ring and Bore inside.
I just replaced the Ring and the Bore, also got a new Filter and Pipe assy and was fine after that. Actually I just bought a complete Kit with new O-Rings, Gaskets and Bolts. It cost all told about £85.00 I thought it better to repair the original Mercedes Part instead of buying an aftermarket one. Mercedes Part was in the region of £400.00...!!! After getting the Pump off, (which was a right pain) it was about an hours job!

FGAOYfs.jpg

M1IWMn6.jpg

pMu9u6p.jpg

M1IWMn6.jpg

This is how low it eventually got after a couple of weeks... The Rear never went down....

vzxZ0EK.jpg

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Was about to go into Nottingham to pick if a few bits ready for travels on Monday and noticed that someone has scuffed the side of my car, must have been either while in the office the other day or in Newark on Wednesday visiting the doctors. Hoping most of this will polish out, another thing the detailer will have to sort while I’m away :(
upload_2019-10-12_14-10-15.jpeg

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom