Random Pics From Repeat Customer

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
A chap who has used me for years, has had me over several times this year.

On Friday I 'spruced' up one of their Range Rovers (wash, clay, polish and wax). It was a challenge due to the rain but some how I managed to get it done as the rain eased up a touch during the afternoon, giving me small working windows to get some stages done before diving for a drink in the garage whilst it then lashed it down in between. The customer was very happy as he was using the car for his son's wedding this weekend and has been repeatedly texting, expressed his thanks for blitzing it on Friday under those conditions. He did mention that many people also commented on the shine of his car despite there being several other new range rovers present on the day.

Thought I'd share a few pics of the work I have done for him;

Unwrap his 911

40709863970_f3ac9336ff_z.jpg

27758519197_1b77f8f972_z.jpg

28754610268_2a3e61cd41_z.jpg

41727362985_8973558d94_z.jpg

42627398591_5694081f40_z.jpg

Detail it (sorry no final pics as I started at 7am and was still going at 9pm!)

43226361022_8c4a2af655_z.jpg

After several weeks, as a token of his appreciation for doing many last minute pain the @ss requests, he called me over. I had mentioned I had a track day coming up before the detail, and he threw me the keys and said enjoy your track day! This is a car that he rarely uses and not even his wife has driven it!

29070016328_404ffab2ec_z.jpg

Range Rover spruce up on a rainy day

48853270187_f0cb0f4ca9_z.jpg

48852718903_e52176df36_z.jpg

48853078381_6f837a9c08_z.jpg

Last edited:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
A chap who has used me for years, has had me over several times this year.

On Friday I 'spruced' up one of their Range Rovers (wash, clay, polish and wax). It was a challenge due to the rain but some how I managed to get it done as the rain eased up a touch during the afternoon, giving me small working windows to get some stages done before diving for a drink in the garage whilst it then lashed it down in between. The customer was very happy as he was using the car for his son's wedding this weekend and has been repeatedly texting, expressed his thanks for blitzing it on Friday under those conditions. He did mention that many people also commented on the shine of his car despite there being several other new range rovers present on the day.

Thought I'd share a few pics of the work I have done for him;

Unwrap his 911

40709863970_f3ac9336ff_z.jpg

27758519197_1b77f8f972_z.jpg

28754610268_2a3e61cd41_z.jpg

41727362985_8973558d94_z.jpg

42627398591_5694081f40_z.jpg

Detail it (sorry no final pics as I started at 7am and was still going at 9pm!)

43226361022_8c4a2af655_z.jpg

After several weeks, as a token of his appreciation for doing many last minute pain the @ss requests, he called me over. I had mentioned I had a track day coming up before the detail, and he threw me the keys and said enjoy your track day! This is a car that he rarely uses and not even his wife has driven it!

29070016328_404ffab2ec_z.jpg

Range Rover spruce up on a rainy day

48853270187_f0cb0f4ca9_z.jpg

48852718903_e52176df36_z.jpg

48853078381_6f837a9c08_z.jpg
Stunning pics buddy , I didn't know you were in the car detailing business (why would I !) .
How was that 911 on the track ?

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Stunning pics buddy , I didn't know you were in the car detailing business (why would I !) .
How was that 911 on the track ?

I'm not, just a long time enthusiast. That estate is just full of the new latest stuff. People on it are asking me to do their cars but, I don;'t have the time.

However this person is such a great noble chap, he can see when a person pulls out the stops to do a job well. He even said he would buy me a van so I can start up on my own...... Bought a tear to my eye......

Another builder who was doing work at his house, but very well and to a seriously high standard but, was being paid so little by his boss so that he could not leave, this owner of these cars and houses bought said builder a van of his own van of his own so he could work for himself. Since that builder has become a very busy and well respected honest independent tradesman and his own boss.

Last edited:
OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wighty - apologies I didn't have time to write a reply to 'how was it' as I was about to leave work.

On route, I only did 65/70mph which is my normal speed but taking extra care to ensure I did not creep over. When I got to the track, even though the owner meant enjoy it, I couldn't bring myself to track it, as its not mine. So when it was quiet (around lunch and mid-morning) I did a handful of 3 laps (out, lap and in lap) at a time at a slower pace to respect and care for the car, ensuring is not stressed and respected at all times. If the owner was with me, I would have gone considerably quicker.

If I gave the car back with even one stone chip on it, I wouldn't have forgiven myself. So I treated it respectfully, didn't go above 1/2 the rev range or stay out for long to ensure I do my best to be respectful. Even so, driving this car at 50-60% of its ability is highly impressive.

I'm not a fan of new cars generally speaking but, this is a car, despite the whopping price tag, I would buy with my own money. The build quality is decent enough, there is some serious attention to detail, fit and finish of materials too. No fake aluminium, carbon tit-tat or horrid recycled plastics trimmings inside, but rather the real deal! Its not often one goes all weak at the knees just touching the seat adjustment buttons! Sheer quality!

Very quickly, you learn what the 911 is all about, its a purpose built sports car and the way everything just comes together is what justifies the whopping price tag. Everything falls to your finger tips road or track, communication is available throughout the car and the electronic steering somehow manages to advise whats going on as well. The 7 speed manual gearbox (yes 7!) will easily keep the car singing in the sweetest spot if you wish. The the dynamics and traction are seriously jaw dropping, the chassis is so refined firmly addressing bumps with progressive yet quick compliance. Its very sure footed and planted at all times, the turn in is razor sharp without being twitchy or vague at any stage. Again I'm sure the the light body, clever use of materials (the doors and bonnet for example weight nothing) and the tyres being wide and close together with a low centre of mass help create this unique experience. Traction wise it always feels you have to go some to challenge it and its there by the bucket load. The brakes are not the biggest in the industry but, they are immensely effective and never felt like they would be lacking if I pushed harder. The controls have a nice solid weight and precision action to them meaning, you have to to put in a little effort.

The cabin is cosey in a good way and not cramped like my 03' Jag XKR was. Its one of those rare cars that when you are in it, whether waiting in a car park, driving along or sat in traffic, its nice place to be. In the case of the 911 its the craftsmanship and materials that first take you and then you can see how well everything has been placed. Its all there but in sensible frustration free manner. Your nan could jump in one and work out whats what by the end of the road without the manual.

28073749597_9df300d909_z.jpg

The dash and controls put many cars to shame despite you thinking, ooh, its just gearbox, radio and rev counter and that's your lot. The only dash I like as much as this one is that on the Audi A8. The Porsche shows you do not need to superglue a naff 10" LCD screen onto the dashtop of modern cars as the 4th cluster from the right is the multi function display. It will cycle through the like of lap times, g-force display, sat-nav, tyre pressures, vehicle settings and much more. I thought it would be useless being so small but, once again to my surprise its simple, easy to read yet highly effective. Amazing how so much useful stuff can be packaged and presented cleanly in a small display.

The below is a generic picture showing the sat nav as an example.

Porsche-991-Carrera-S-dashboard.jpg

The only downsides that I could find were as follows;

1. The rear seats are useless, I'd never put a child on them so its really a 2 seat car despite what the salesman and car magazines say.
2. 6ft plus drivers will start to get irritated on very long motorway drives as your leg always rests on the transmission tunnel so it starts to dig in after an hour and half.
3. The fuel tank is small.
4. Idiots in hot hatches want to race you.

I can now see why the 911 is the iconic sports car its been and dare I say, always will be! A well engineered precision tool!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

1. The rear seats are useless, I'd never put a child on them so its really a 2 seat car despite what the salesman and car magazines say.
2. 6ft plus drivers will start to get irritated on very long motorway drives as your leg always rests on the transmission tunnel so it starts to dig in after an hour and half.

I can now see why the 911 is the iconic sports car its been and dare I say, always will be! A well engineered precision tool!
I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said apart from the rear seats, very comfortable and really supportive. Also have much more legroom than most 2+2’s
Never had a problem with the tank size although it isn’t the largest
I always let the brain cells past, I was sat in the Porsche they weren’t :p blasting past on a motorway whilst I’m on cruise control isn’t impressing anyone...

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Wighty - apologies I didn't have time to write a reply to 'how was it' as I was about to leave work.

On route, I only did 65/70mph which is my normal speed but taking extra care to ensure I did not creep over. When I got to the track, even though the owner meant enjoy it, I couldn't bring myself to track it, as its not mine. So when it was quiet (around lunch and mid-morning) I did a handful of 3 laps (out, lap and in lap) at a time at a slower pace to respect and care for the car, ensuring is not stressed and respected at all times. If the owner was with me, I would have gone considerably quicker.

If I gave the car back with even one stone chip on it, I wouldn't have forgiven myself. So I treated it respectfully, didn't go above 1/2 the rev range or stay out for long to ensure I do my best to be respectful. Even so, driving this car at 50-60% of its ability is highly impressive.

I'm not a fan of new cars generally speaking but, this is a car, despite the whopping price tag, I would buy with my own money. The build quality is decent enough, there is some serious attention to detail, fit and finish of materials too. No fake aluminium, carbon tit-tat or horrid recycled plastics trimmings inside, but rather the real deal! Its not often one goes all weak at the knees just touching the seat adjustment buttons! Sheer quality!

Very quickly, you learn what the 911 is all about, its a purpose built sports car and the way everything just comes together is what justifies the whopping price tag. Everything falls to your finger tips road or track, communication is available throughout the car and the electronic steering somehow manages to advise whats going on as well. The 7 speed manual gearbox (yes 7!) will easily keep the car singing in the sweetest spot if you wish. The the dynamics and traction are seriously jaw dropping, the chassis is so refined firmly addressing bumps with progressive yet quick compliance. Its very sure footed and planted at all times, the turn in is razor sharp without being twitchy or vague at any stage. Again I'm sure the the light body, clever use of materials (the doors and bonnet for example weight nothing) and the tyres being wide and close together with a low centre of mass help create this unique experience. Traction wise it always feels you have to go some to challenge it and its there by the bucket load. The brakes are not the biggest in the industry but, they are immensely effective and never felt like they would be lacking if I pushed harder. The controls have a nice solid weight and precision action to them meaning, you have to to put in a little effort.

The cabin is cosey in a good way and not cramped like my 03' Jag XKR was. Its one of those rare cars that when you are in it, whether waiting in a car park, driving along or sat in traffic, its nice place to be. In the case of the 911 its the craftsmanship and materials that first take you and then you can see how well everything has been placed. Its all there but in sensible frustration free manner. Your nan could jump in one and work out whats what by the end of the road without the manual.

28073749597_9df300d909_z.jpg

The dash and controls put many cars to shame despite you thinking, ooh, its just gearbox, radio and rev counter and that's your lot. The only dash I like as much as this one is that on the Audi A8. The Porsche shows you do not need to superglue a naff 10" LCD screen onto the dashtop of modern cars as the 4th cluster from the right is the multi function display. It will cycle through the like of lap times, g-force display, sat-nav, tyre pressures, vehicle settings and much more. I thought it would be useless being so small but, once again to my surprise its simple, easy to read yet highly effective. Amazing how so much useful stuff can be packaged and presented cleanly in a small display.

The below is a generic picture showing the sat nav as an example.

Porsche-991-Carrera-S-dashboard.jpg

Wow , now that was a write up (unlike my reply !) . You really sell it and obviously know what you are talking about .
Are you sure you don't write for a motoring magazine as a journalist ? .
Thanks for taking the time to do such an excellent write up .... Now where's the nearest Porsche dealership !

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
It's a very red cabin ...... :eek:

I had s courtesy car like that once, looked like someone had poured tomato soup all over it, it is a bit much IMO

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom