Best A35 remap or tuning box

Jimbo350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI Sport Bluefficiency Edition 125
After nearly 4 years away I’m soon to return to the Mercedes fold having ordered a new A35. I’m interested though in getting the engine remapped or installing a tuning box for a bit more power.

Has anyone got any views on what the best one is available on the market? I’m probably leaning more towards installing a tuning box as I like the idea of being able to switch it off and on so that any manufacturer updates to the engine software can be made at service time without me losing the tuning. However, I’m open to be persuaded otherwise. It’s also a priority that the tuner has a good reputation.

If any A35 owners have any direct experience I’d love to hear from you. Apologies if there is another thread on this subject but searching existing threads didn’t identify any.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
And if they have I'd rather go with a map done on a dyno rather than a generic box that's not tailored to your car.

OP
J

Jimbo350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Gulp! Still I guess someone has to be!

OP
J

Jimbo350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And if they have I'd rather go with a map done on a dyno rather than a generic box that's not tailored to your car.
Fair point. There seems to be a few tuners in the country that do a remap especially for the A35, but being a complete novice to the whole tuning world I don’t have any experience with such things or know if they are any good.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
The main tuners here are going to be GAD or MSL, both have rolling roads and can happily get some extra out of the engine and gearbox. Where are you located?

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
You're looking at up to 350 bhp and 550 Nm for Stage 1 remapping .

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
Is there not a Brabus tuning box that is MB warranty friendly?

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
After nearly 4 years away I’m soon to return to the Mercedes fold having ordered a new A35. I’m interested though in getting the engine remapped or installing a tuning box for a bit more power.

Has anyone got any views on what the best one is available on the market? I’m probably leaning more towards installing a tuning box as I like the idea of being able to switch it off and on so that any manufacturer updates to the engine software can be made at service time without me losing the tuning. However, I’m open to be persuaded otherwise. It’s also a priority that the tuner has a good reputation.

Do software updates at service, destroy the re-mapping that was previously done?

OP
J

Jimbo350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I’m not 100% sure as I’m new to the tuning world, but from what I’ve read elsewhere if you have a pure remap on your car and the manufacturer updates the engine software during servicing then there is a strong chance the remap will be wiped off. I believe most people who have a remap ask the garage not to update any engine software during servicing to avoid this potentially happening.

OP
J

Jimbo350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The main tuners here are going to be GAD or MSL, both have rolling roads and can happily get some extra out of the engine and gearbox. Where are you located?
I’m located in the south east - Bromley/Kent area.

OP
J

Jimbo350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You're looking at up to 350 bhp and 550 Nm for Stage 1 remapping .
That would be perfect for my needs. I’m not interested in going any further than that.

OP
J

Jimbo350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is there not a Brabus tuning box that is MB warranty friendly?
That would be fantastic if that was the case. I’ll have a look into what Brabus offers. Thanks Mark.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
We can remap the A35, done a few!

Good gains, and we can put back to standard before any warranty work etc, in case you are worried about dealer lookups, or software overwrites!

OP
J

Jimbo350

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We can remap the A35, done a few!

Good gains, and we can put back to standard before any warranty work etc, in case you are worried about dealer lookups, or software overwrites!
Thanks Alex - you beat me to the punch! I’ll PM you.

Top Bottom