Bluetooth problem

elrefaie

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/2009/E200
hello to everyone, I have a w211 e200 kompressor from 2009, the audio is as attached photo. It has bluetooth but there is no SAP module in the car.

The problem is as follows, each time I enter the car and start it , it forgets the authorized phones and I should search for the mobile and do pairing each time . Sometimes it remembers the phone when i start the car within 1 hour after shutdown. Sometimes it doesn't.

I have tried other telephones and still the same.

I am bored of repairing each time I start the car.
59a0d8911c947481abb4146a30d5ad4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
on older systems there used to be a message come back ON THE PHONE just after pairing, saying do you want to remember this pairing session. You had to acknowledge it on the phone. Some phones fail to show this for long enough for you to read, digest and take action. Without completing this step the phone and the car forgetting each other is exactly what you asked it to do...

I can imagine with 3 year old's now dev software, many modern phones have forgotten to include this step. And or you need to go back into the phone and search and add its authorisation as a secondary step. Some Bluetooth ones do this for music streaming to work. (not that your car will have this)

I believe the BT phone to device handshake post update's in 2013 is mostly different on modern phones. Having just found out about tracking dongles... this later step change authorising it back to front was added not for security, but entirely for spying purposes. Watchdog covered it the other day. Many shopping centres now have "Bluetooth dongles" located every 10 metres …. if your phone BT is on, it secretly tracks your whereabouts and can "accidentally" target you with adverts / other detritus. This feature is particularly encouraged and supported by the likes of MOST social media apps

Not sure if it was there before or not but it appears on iOS 13.1.3 in Settings Bluetooth device list - you can see the dongles listed as you walk around !!!

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
if it can't be authorised on permanent basis on the phone, its highly likely the car needs an update.

This is not how it should function, its either a failure to authorise by the operator or a glitch between and old systems and current ways of working. Updates are essential to maintain correct functionality

Top Bottom