Metal Trim issue? :(

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
^ there y’go, glad someone has a memory!!

OP
B

BenzAClass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes A Class 2019
Emailed them to see if it actually works :)

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Very common sadly !
2:1 vinegar and water mix ( or Lemon juice/water), spray on then wipe off with a paper towel and polish with a microfibre cloth or soak one microfibre in the solution wipe onto the area and polish with a clean one .
Water spotting with hard water is annoying !!

Tried the lemon juice , no workie .

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
When I had some similar marks , I used a small amount of electrical contact cleaner spray on a cloth to wipe over it , came off immediately (in my case)

Wouldn't this be similar to WD40 as that does a good job but only masks it for a short while ?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Wouldn't this be similar to WD40 as that does a good job but only masks it for a short while ?
Not sure , never tried it . It was over 2 years ago for the electrical contact cleaner

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
So does nobody else think that a less than one year old car will be covered by MB making the repairs ?

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
So does nobody else think that a less than one year old car will be covered by MB making the repairs ?
Got to be, hasn't it? Chrome trim going milky, in less than a year, got to be covered.

OP
B

BenzAClass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes A Class 2019
“Mercedes-Benz vehicles are known for their exceptional reliability and quality. But just to give you even greater peace of mind, every new Mercedes-Benz vehicle sold through our network also comes with a comprehensive three-year warranty. So if you encounter any problems during this period caused by a manufacturing fault, we’ll sort it out free of charge’’

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
“Mercedes-Benz vehicles are known for their exceptional reliability and quality. But just to give you even greater peace of mind, every new Mercedes-Benz vehicle sold through our network also comes with a comprehensive three-year warranty. So if you encounter any problems during this period caused by a manufacturing fault, we’ll sort it out free of charge’’
There you go then, get down to your nearest Mercedes dealer and show them the problem, I'll be very surprised if they don't sort it under warranty. :)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Are we saying this is a manufacturing defect or environmental damage? Even the OP said other cars at the dealership had the same problem so I would favour the latter. Several replies have blamed dried on hard water spots and others have recommended simple or expensive ways to restore the finish. If I were the OP, I’d give that a try first.

OP
B

BenzAClass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes A Class 2019
Just spoken to another Mercedes dealer and told me to bring the car in on the 7th Nov to have a look at it and order the parts if necessary! Even though I showed them the pictures that I took when I first bought the car. She also said they will judge there and then if it would be covered under warranty.

OP
B

BenzAClass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes A Class 2019
I think they will just blame me or come up with some silly excuse not to do it seeing as I haven’t even washed the car yet or even driven at this moment in time.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom