Dash error collision prevention assist plus inoperative

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
This message has popped up on my CLS yesterday and today, car seems unaffected but I’m unsure about this...

done some googling and it suggested as did a car pal that the sensors could be dirty? I’ve wiped the windscreen, power washed the car and given the pdc sensors a wipe also...but it’s still there...

anyone know actually where the radar sensors are for this?

or is it another trip to Mercedes ....

Attachments

• 87516C91-0657-474A-A87A-C897FCDA0A67.jpeg
    87516C91-0657-474A-A87A-C897FCDA0A67.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 26

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Some use the front parking sensors and / or a radar behind the bonnet grill

Bubble

Reaction score
Website
www.motacar.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe CDI / Land-Rover Discovery 4 / Nissan Skyline 650bhp R.I.P.
Same message came up on my dashboard tonight when I left work and was sitting stationary at traffic lights. It's happened twice now in the last couple of months. I just cleared the message again.

GlosRichCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 W177 A180 SE auto, 2012 W212 E350 CDi Sport saloon, 2001 CLK 230 K Cabriolet A208
Sometimes this doesn't work after a frost, ice on the sensor, which is usually behind the front emblem badge.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Ideally it needs to go on STAR to pinpoint the exact cause. It could be a simple fix or more.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
There is a software flash for this, it seems that the software has expired for most models and a update cures a major amount of faults....

Bubble

Reaction score
Website
www.motacar.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe CDI / Land-Rover Discovery 4 / Nissan Skyline 650bhp R.I.P.
There is a software flash for this, it seems that the software has expired for most models and a update cures a major amount of faults....

That's interesting, as I did a bit of searching on various forums and that has cured a few owners cars, but no all.

My E350 went in for the steering column airbag earthing issue about three months ago and the said that they would do any software updates at the same time.

If I get time I will give the dealer a call next week.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
they seldom do what they say they will,

nice idea build software that makes you take the car back to the main franchise for an update
two good reasons,

revenue stream and can check what's dying so they can refine their engineering on time to intended death better

OP
R

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999

thanks Everyone (and esp Cole)

Washed the car properly and it is still there - there is nothing behind the grilles as I’ve looked...suspect it’s all in the windscreen , rang local stealers and spoke to main tech who said it should be software update and car still should be (erm ok?!) ok to use and it’s booked in early next week.. cunning that the warranty is about to run out as soon!

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
at least you had the good sense to check and book / request updates before warranty ends :)

if you have comand based sat nav go back and re book for your free updates on the mapping (inside first 3 years) and get proof they did it... and any other DAB / Comand firmware updates going

OP
R

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Had a rollercoaster of a day...what I expected to be a simple software update was followed by a phone call from stealer...we need you to preauthorise 2 Hours labour (£280!) to remove the front bumper and check the sensor...

Cue much WTF from me...surely this is under warranty...well we can’t tell if the car has been damaged before and affected the sensor as it’s reading faulty...if it’s been damaged you’ll have to pay...or we will if it’s failed normally as the MB warranty is still valid ...(I’ve only had this thing for 2 months from an independant sales place and have a ‘warranty’ from there also)

oh and the cost of part is £700 apparently!!!!

Kick off royally as I was at home without a Courtesy car...go pick that up to be told the sensor and connectors are corroded and faulty and thus it’s a warranty repair....

utterly ridiculous...both cost of part, labour charges and also a faulty corroded part after less than 3 years and 30k miles!!! If it goes again out of warranty I’ll not be getting that fixed!

too much technology in these modern cars!!!

oh and told them I want the maps and other software updates all doing!

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
they seldom do what they say they will,

nice idea build software that makes you take the car back to the main franchise for an update
two good reasons,

revenue stream and can check what's dying so they can refine their engineering on time to intended death better

no surprise there. soon it will be like microsoft, difficult or impossible to avoid then they will start getting viruses and we will have to start paying for a benz version of antivirus and it all goes on...£££££. a few weeks ago , before i found out how to stop it happening windows updated itself and after that my printer would not scan.. had to delete printer program and re install to get it to work .wasted most of my morning working that out and doing it. now same is happening to our cars..

zgr_137

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
0zgurTezel*
I had the same message on my glc 2016 this morning. The car is at 90k mileage, the message came up while I was in a multi story car park driving to upper levels. I was turning in circles to drive up and this morning was rainy, so not sure if those conditions had any affects. I will check the car in the evening when I am about to drive home and I will give the update.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I had the same message on my glc 2016 this morning. The car is at 90k mileage, the message came up while I was in a multi story car park driving to upper levels. I was turning in circles to drive up and this morning was rainy, so not sure if those conditions had any affects. I will check the car in the evening when I am about to drive home and I will give the update.
Hello and welcome

Water on the sensors and shrubbery or concrete walls can all cause the sensors to kick off

zgr_137

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
0zgurTezel*
Hello and welcome

Water on the sensors and shrubbery or concrete walls can all cause the sensors to kick off
Thanks for the warm welcome! I didn’t have a chance to write yesterday. When I went back to the car the issue was still there, but as soon as I drove out of the car park and got to a straight road, half a minute later warning light was off. I have driven the car until now for around at least 30-40 miles and the light did not come on. All working fine again hope the update answers some questions.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Agreed - there's far too much tech in cars these days. Sometimes it seems like tech for tech sake.
What’s even dafter is that MB have perfectly serviceable Passive Collision Prevent Assist tech in the cameras that sit behind the rear view mirror trim, that don’t corrode!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
What’s even dafter is that MB have perfectly serviceable Passive Collision Prevent Assist tech in the cameras that sit behind the rear view mirror trim, that don’t corrode!
My car is forever flagging up the red collision triangle ️ when there's only me on the road .... god knows what it thinks the hazard is ...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom