ESP and engine warning light

Richard Odendaal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 cdi
I have a 2013 Mercedes A Class 1.8 Engine CDI.

Had the car about a year and i am the second owner.

About a month ago i started the car and from out of the blue the Check Engine light came on while driving aswell as the ESP light which came up with a warning message 'ESP inoperative please check owners manual'. I turned the engine off and re started and both lights had disapeared, the next day both lights re appeared and ive had the problem ever since. Not all the time

If i turn the engine off and back on again the ESP light will not be there but will 50% re appear at some point during my next drive. Check Engine light is showing 80% of the time. Car drives normal when Check Engine light appears but when ESP inoperative light comes on the car goes almost into limp mode and will not accelerate away after changing gears.

Have taken the car to a merc specalist who advised that from the star test it is due to a faulty accelerator pedal and all 4 injectors not firing (which is impossible as the car is running), both have been replaced but the light still show and nothing has changed.

Anyone had similar problems or know what could be causing this? From what I researched it might be the throttle control system has anyone else had this issue? Or know what can be causing it?

please help ....

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
think you need to find a better indy pal , where abouts are you , someone will be able to recommend one I would think

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
As above. Whereabouts are you? We may be able to recommend a proper indy.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
+2 as above, has the hallmarks of a speed sensor failure , but needs someone to look who knows what they’re looking for (obviously!)

OP
R

Richard Odendaal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 cdi
I live in Johannesburg South Africa in glenvista

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom