New member, C200 Coupe, 4matic

Vicster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 coupe 4matic 19
Hi folks I absolutely love my car and I’ve been in it for any reason I can think of for a year now!

I have today had my 3rd oil top up warning in that one year, I don’t know if that is normal? I’m not sure if I have had any with my last one was an evoque so very different car.

I only had the first service done last week so I’m slightly concerned about it.

Any thoughts on what I should do would be great thanks

Attachments

• D04E520F-8424-41C5-9D72-24942480882A.jpeg
    D04E520F-8424-41C5-9D72-24942480882A.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 23

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

Petrol or diesel? Both can use some as long as it's not "excessive" - some manufactures quote 1ltr per 1,000 miles as not being "excessive"...
I could just get my W213 to service without it requiring any oil for the first 2 services so that was using some. Depends a bit on your journeys and usage as well - lots of stop start and short journeys will use more than hours at 70 on the motorway

OP
Vicster

Vicster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 coupe 4matic 19
Hello and welcome,

Petrol or diesel? Both can use some as long as it's not "excessive" - some manufactures quote 1ltr per 1,000 miles as not being "excessive"...
I could just get my W213 to service without it requiring any oil for the first 2 services so that was using some. Depends a bit on your journeys and usage as well - lots of stop start and short journeys will use more than hours at 70 on the motorway
Thanks for the reply and its a petrol my journey is school runs and not much motorway, I am thinking either the garage is at it or it is a bit quick after the service to need oil, is it not? Thanks

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
welcome to the forum , short runs do tend to work oil harder , how much are you putting in each time ??

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
Welcome, Vicster, nice motor. :D

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Vicster, welcome to the forum :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Thanks for the reply and its a petrol my journey is school runs and not much motorway, I am thinking either the garage is at it or it is a bit quick after the service to need oil, is it not? Thanks
Short journeys are the enemy of engines unfortunately...

With some Mercedes engines they have found that if filled to the max with oil once the car is warmed up it expands enough to set off the Over Fill Oil Warning. This meant a visit back to the dealers to have some oil removed. I'm guessing this is a reason that they don't necessarily fill to the max (that and using less oil increases their profits)

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi and welcome to the forum. As has been said, oil usage can vary between individual cars but you shouldn’t have a problem a week after a service (especially if you haven’t had a problem in the first year) so I would take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome and can’t argue with above not entirely surprising oil consumption

OP
Vicster

Vicster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 coupe 4matic 19
welcome to the forum , short runs do tend to work oil harder , how much are you putting in each time ??
Hi
Thanks I am putting maybe a litre in the system shows that it is fine after that so I am not sure if its a problem thanks for the reply

OP
Vicster

Vicster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 coupe 4matic 19
Hello and welcome,

Hi from the merc manual I think I can only get oil in the merc dealerships is that right ? Surely they’re not expecting you to come in every time you need a top up?

I will not be returning to the dealer ever again I have been really sorry I chose them, I have had a company car for years now and the fleet manager dealt with relevant paperwork. I knew to to take the V5 on the day I traded in. Dealer didn’t complete their part, in fact I think it was lost!
So consequently I have been charged with no insurance and fined £200, for a car I didn’t own, absolutely livid, I thought being Mercedes-Benz price the customer service would have been better, but not the case with here with Mercedes-Benz Giffnock, they’re not even bothered about it!!!
I tried to appeal it but it has been rejected by PF, so not amused, lesson learned!!
Still I do love my car, I tell people I love her like a third daughter lol! so I am not sure what do I do for oil and if I can do something else? Sorry for the long reply and thanks

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
OP
Vicster

Vicster

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 coupe 4matic 19
You can use any oil as long as it meets the specific Mercedes specification. It should tell you in your manual what the spec is and then just look for this on the oil packaging. The spec for mine is 229.5 (using SAE 0W-40 or SAE 5W-40 which relates to thickness and operating temperatures).

https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/d/d/en/Spec_223_2.pdf
https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolisten/bevo-sheets-sort1.html#close
Great thanks for that I have a spec so I can get it tomorrow thanks

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
You can check the oil spec on the Halfords site, by inputting your reg.
I prefer to confirm elsewhere also as Halfords can be wrong.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom