Brake pads - checking hoses and tools needed

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Doesnt sound very portable for road side repairs though...
No, but I've yet to have a wheel nut I couldn't remove roadside. I find a 24" breaker bar with me standing on it doesn't out up a long fight....(I'm of the build you'd expect in an 80s All Black front row).

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Looking on line , it seems to be a silicone grease that is recommended for slider pins , so I might be wrong about the ceramic grease . I’ll let someone else answer that one .
To complicate it further, you also get red rubber grease, designed for sliders inside a rubber sleeve as it does not degrade the rubber.

OP
D

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
Well it was a nice day here so i decided to go to the mountains and test/bed in the new brakes. They work silently and a little more bite than before and no vibrations/noises like it had a little of before...so will leave it all alone i think!

The brake fluid is now a little over max but i dont think thats something to worry about.

As the drive was 125 miles each way i retorqued the bolts on return. Apart from finding the garage fitted reqr summer tyres rather than 4 seasons all ok. But atleast the brakes are fixed and the bit i did works...:)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom