Mercedes E Class Coupe

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k
Hi All,

Bit of help if you can, recently bought the above car from a MB dealership and it’s been a bit of a nightmare.

Long story short they should have serviced it before handing it over to me but they didn’t. They are a long way away from me 300 miles round trip and I’m reluctant to let them pick it up and take it to be serviced and then bring it back.

They have therefore offered me a sum to have me service it near where I am, my question is the next service is a B5 service?

What would this entail and likely cost assuming nothing ugly rears it’s head so I can estimate whether their offer is in keeping with the likely cost.

Help in advance much appreciated.

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I'd ask them which of the Mercedes Dealers near to you they'd prefer you to take it to for the service?
Say you're prepared to take it to one and they can sort out paying the dealer direct.

OP
TheBlimp75

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k
I'd ask them which of the Mercedes Dealers near to you they'd prefer you to take it to for the service?
Say you're prepared to take it to one and they can sort out paying the dealer direct.

Hi,

I’ve already had that conversation however the car was serviced in September. It’s a 2016 model so I’m thinking I may not need to get it serviced. I should say that the B5 is due in September next year and they have also agreed to pick up the cost of this.

So if it goes in to be serviced now there should be limited servicing to do. So I’m wondering if I just take the money and bank it?

Hope that makes sense?

Cheers

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
If it was serviced in September it shouldn't require a service now... You can see the distance to next service in the dash screen display when you flick through the screens.

I'd wait until it needs it and as they've said they'll pay then let them do it then

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
If it was serviced in September it shouldn't require a service now... You can see the distance to next service in the dash screen display when you flick through the screens.

I'd wait until it needs it and as they've said they'll pay then let them do it then

You would need something in hard copy to prevent any denials when the time comes :)

OP
TheBlimp75

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k

Yes 274 days 14k miles just under.

They are offering me a payment because the last service wasn’t carried out by MB it was approved garage. They told me it had just been serviced by MB !!

AND they are paying for the next service due next year. My question is if I were to have it serviced now what would be the likely cost as they have offered me £318?

Sorry I dint think I’ve explained myself very well

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Has Mobilio been continued on the car by the “approved garage service “ ? . I doubt an MB garage would do a B service for as little as £318

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Yes 274 days 14k miles just under.

They are offering me a payment because the last service wasn’t carried out by MB it was approved garage. They told me it had just been serviced by MB !!

AND they are paying for the next service due next year. My question is if I were to have it serviced now what would be the likely cost as they have offered me £318?

Sorry I dint think I’ve explained myself very well

Take the money and run and don't look back. B5 I think is a biggish service they will argue like mad when the time comes.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
As above take the money, a bird in the hand so to speak, a B service usually runs out at £300-350 at an independent depending on which engine

OP
TheBlimp75

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k
Has Mobilio been continued on the car by the “approved garage service “ ? . I doubt an MB garage would do a B service for as little as £318

No it hasn’t, that’s how the issue was highlighted as Mercedes Me showed it as expired. That’s why they were looking to do another service 3 months later to re-activate.

They have said that when they service next time (September 2020) it will be reactivated ?!

So in essence take £350 and be without breakdown for 9 months?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
No it hasn’t, that’s how the issue was highlighted as Mercedes Me showed it as expired. That’s why they were looking to do another service 3 months later to re-activate.

They have said that when they service next time (September 2020) it will be reactivated ?!

Sounds very swings and roundabouts to me buddy , what do you want to do :D

OP
TheBlimp75

TheBlimp75

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLS 350 107k
Sounds very swings and roundabouts to me buddy , what do you want to do :D

Well my thoughts are I already have RAC , it has a 12 month warranty so anything major they can sort out l. My next service B5 is paid for, so..........

Take the money and run as already stated

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

Take the money and wait until Sept 2020 for the next service

You can put the vehicle details in here to see what it needs doing

https://www.mymercedesservice.co.uk...ne&s_kwcid=AL!160!3!!e!!o!![mercedes service]

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom