Mercedes Me

ScottieW

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C220 AMG
Hi guys,

I've had my Merc a couple of weeks now but can't seem to get to the bottom of the SecCode required to set up the Mercedes App, I've been to the garage and got a printout of the service log and there's nothing on there. It's not the VIN or any other seemingly relevant numbers I've found.

Any help would be greatly welcomed

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
it sounds like the previous owner set a pin on it, you need to go to the dealership and ask them to place you as the owner (bring proof). Once done you should be able to get access to it quickly enough (you should also mention the pin was enabled by the previous owner and you don't know it).

OP
ScottieW

ScottieW

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C220 AMG
it sounds like the previous owner set a pin on it, you need to go to the dealership and ask them to place you as the owner (bring proof). Once done you should be able to get access to it quickly enough (you should also mention the pin was enabled by the previous owner and you don't know it).

Ahhhhhh that would make complete sense, I had a feeling it could be linked to the previous owner. Thanks very much, its been a constant bug to me these last few weeks

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
The SecCode is usually on the print out of the Digital Service Book and allows you to see the digital service record through Mercedes Me. As far as I know, there is no need for a SecCode or PIN to register for Mercedes Me although, as has been said, you may need to get a dealer to authorise you if the car is already in the system under another user's name.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It’s next to useless anyway so you’re not missing much...

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
It’s next to useless anyway so you’re not missing much...
I had a retrofit module fitted to my car and can't really find any use for it except to remind me what time I parked to avoid overstaying.
All the things I hoped it might do don't work unless it is a factory install on a later model.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom