Disabled Cars

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Made by AC?
Mine is, too - so I'm watching my engine, in case the Invacar guys pinch it for an upgrade!

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I'm just glad we have moved on so much.
They really were pretty atrocious noisy things and only one seat !

Its one out of the long list of those kicking people while their down governmental outrages;

almost anything NHS from glasses to teeth its bad.
Free school meals queues etc etc
These invacars were built to patronise and belittle.

We did a whip round to get a genuine war hero some alterations to a standard car and he just wept uncontrollably.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
and yet they got about and there are survivors if piccy,s are correct.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
and yet they got about and there are survivors if piccy,s are correct.
The ones that survived largely down to fibreglass construction and simple belt driven transmissions. I bet there is a bit of revival in interest after Hubnut's videos. Interesting that you can still buy NOS parts (obviously while stocks last) from the company that occupies the factory buildings where they built originally. I wonder whether with the astonishing prices being achieved on other microcars (which lets face it were just as bad), values will start to rise. Buy now while still cheap:rolleyes:.

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
Wow havn't seen one of them in donkeys years o_O my mate Tinker tried to "bounce" his dads plastic pig out of the way, he grabbed the rear wheel arch and ripped an 18" wide strip of grp off the rear quarter. British engineering at its best.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
... and the 4 wheeled version isn't even mentioned. ;)

No, it's not is it, how strange. I have seen these sold on 'Chasing Classic Cars' and in the States they making circa $80.000 :)

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
We called them Noddy cars. My disabled mate had one, used to get rat ar$ed and drive it, reckoned Plod would never stop him and if they did he couldn't walk in a straight line drunk or sober. Would often be seen with a couple of girls crammed in giving them a lift home from the pub, so they could help him get in.;);););)
He struggled to get a licence, but loads of my family worked in the DVLA, so we sorted it for him

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I remember - what (?) -40 or more years ago, an article in our local rage where a reporter was "enrolled" as a disabled driver. For two days he had use of the invalid car which he described as virtually uncontrollable and terrifying. There but for the grace of God...
- At least disabled people who need them get "proper" cars these days - boy what a change!

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
They were an upgrade from a Bath Chair .... just! I remember years ago (50 plus!! :eek::eek:) I used to see an old bloke in a wicker Bath Chair with hand operated pedals ..... I'm guessing he was a Great War veteran :confused:

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Yes its proper crap luck you get stuffed in Korea or somewhere and you spend six months in recovery to get out and whoopee its an invacar for one.
If you had been lucky enough to hold on to your partner wtf do they do walk, get the bus ?

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
Very expensive battery mobility scooters to run.I have a up to 8mph. Tires wear out quick 35quid each.2batteries,100quid each, last 2yrs. Electro magnetic brake 150quid about every 2yrs.they are all fitted with this type off brake. Controllers 300quid.I use it where I have no walking to do Lidl, Tescos, and pub.

pgh13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320CDI 2004 - straight 6 diesel
They were an upgrade from a Bath Chair .... just! I remember years ago (50 plus!! :eek::eek:) I used to see an old bloke in a wicker Bath Chair with hand operated pedals ..... I'm guessing he was a Great War veteran :confused:

I grew up just round the corner from a BLESMA home so used to see a few of those. Also, a version with long handles each side that were alternately pushed and pulled to propel the device

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Is there an AMG version ?

Alloys bit of leather some carbon fibre and a fresh lawnmower engine.

DIYMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270cdi/53 plate/2.7l 5cyl.
I bought one from the dismantlers yard years ago, I intended making in into trailer, I stripped it right down to a rolling chassis with a flat deck and three wheels.
I had a large drive and garden and many of the local children including my own spent hours playing on it.
I never did complete the trailer before we moved house due to my work, I gave it to chap who did car welding repairs etc cannot remember how I got it there but I did somehow.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom