Update on Adblue topping problem

Lizzie Zvoma

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Benz, C200, 1.6 manual, diesel
After topping up the adblue before the car went into count down, the message didn't clear off the dash. I was convinced that it was full. As I was far from home I went to the loc MB dealer who checked thevel and confirmed that the adblue was full. Was advised that the car would reset itself and clear the message off the dash.

For sure the message cleared but after driving for approx 63 miles the adblue message reappeared. By now I was in my home area and decided to consult my local MB dealer, who serviced my car.

They checked the level and confirmed it was still full yet the dash was call for adblue.

They suggested I book the car for diagnostic to establish what is going on with adblue system. Its now booked for 08/01/20. However the MB guy who checked my settings confirmed that my car is one of those that does not show adblue level on the dash/settings.

He speculated that the problem maybe to do with the O2 sensor and this would cost in the region of £800-900 parts & labour.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Could this be a long-term potential problem? The car is stii under dealers' (not MB) warranty and I'm hoping they will pay for this.

Ant advice is most welcome.

I will also keep you updated

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

It should be covered under the warranty, but you’ll need to check and get it approved before you book it in.

AdBlue systems are quite new and there are starting to be a few issues - they should update to show full after a few miles (mine used to after ~ 5 miles)

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
they sell us unsorted systems and often we get to pick up the bill. my ml adblue system was replaced at around 45k miles and £1000 just before i bought it and nox sensors which cost a fortune??? seem to require an update so cant be dealt with by self .like much these days modern cars and much else seem DESIGNED to keep us all at the service counters with our CC.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
A few more details might help, has the car got a full MB service history, how old is the car and how many miles has it covered and where and when did you buy it, who is the warranty with?

OP
L

Lizzie Zvoma

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome

It should be covered under the warranty, but you’ll need to check and get it approved before you book it in.

AdBlue systems are quite new and there are starting to be a few issues - they should update to show full after a few miles (mine used to after ~ 5 miles)
Thank you for your prompt response

My car is now on 37k, based on your comment maybe the adblue system is due for replacement.

Yours response has been helpful

OP
L

Lizzie Zvoma

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A few more details might help, has the car got a full MB service history, how old is the car and how many miles has it covered and where and when did you buy it, who is the warranty with?
The car will be 5yrs old in July 2020 and its has been serviced 4 times by MB and its at 37k miles. Nothing in the service history doc indicate adblue system issue other than topping of adblue on every service.

I got the car from Cargiant and the warranty runout in next month.

The car is booked for diagnostics with car giant's approval.

Any other thoughts?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, hopefully the seller’s warranty will cover the full cost. If their warranty doesn’t cover the Nox sensor bearing in mind the car’s service history and low mileage asking MB for a contribution to the cost would be another way forward. I seem to recall MB were having problems with batches of Nox sensors around the time your car was built so it might be a good idea to do some research on the net to back up your case.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lizzie Zvoma

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the info, hopefully the seller’s warranty will cover the full cost. If their warranty doesn’t cover the Nox sensor bearing in mind the car’s service history and low mileage asking MB for a contribution to the cost would be another way forward. I seem to recall MB were having problems with batches of Nox sensors around the time your car was built so it might be a good idea to do some research on the net to back up your case.
Thank you I will start searching the net now. Do you have any idea how much the nox sensor would cost?

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom