Flat Battery, can't open vehicle

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
If it unlocks your car now, there's no reason to think it won't if the battery is dead .... it might just need a little more force

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
Should do, it’s purely mechanical.

You could test it if you want by disconnecting the battery. Lock the car first (without the alarm on) and the boot and bonnet open. Then disconnect the battery (leaving the boot and bonnet open). Then use the key to open the drivers door.
Thanks. I'd thought about doing exactly that test, but in view of other issues I've read about battery disconnection and reconnection on 203's and 209's, I'll leave that for another day and trust that the driver's door lock will work without power.

LuD3Cr1Z

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Class/2014/2.0 Turbo AMG
Did you get this fixed if so how. My Mercedes is doing the exact same.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom