Wiper Issues...

mickfit6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C200 Sport Diesel
Hi Guys,
Hope I've posted in the correct section... but I've just purchased a 12 C Class Sport and was having issues with the wipers not working also having intermittent problems with the bonnet sensor...showing that the bonnet was open, when it was clearly closed.....but I left it back with dealer on Tues and got it back today with problems fixed, time will tell I suppose....
He said the problem was the sensor for the bonnet was faulty which also caused the wipers to stop working.....
My question......is this possible or a load of tosh ??????

Any advice would be appreciated !!!

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Hi,

So many of a cars systems are linked these days, so that could be right. Sorry I don't have enough tech knowledge to say for sure.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi Guys,
Hope I've posted in the correct section... but I've just purchased a 12 C Class Sport and was having issues with the wipers not working also having intermittent problems with the bonnet sensor...showing that the bonnet was open, when it was clearly closed.....but I left it back with dealer on Tues and got it back today with problems fixed, time will tell I suppose....
He said the problem was the sensor for the bonnet was faulty which also caused the wipers to stop working.....
My question......is this possible or a load of tosh ??????

Any advice would be appreciated !!!
Hello and welcome

No, it can be correct that the bonnet sensor stops the wipers working. Reasoning is that if the bonnet is fully open the wipers can hit it if switched on.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Mercs are really clever vehicles for instance on my old '91 SL500 if I flicked the boot lid then the aerial would retract as that would catch with the lid when fully open. There's every chance on yours that when your bonnet is open fully then the wipers, if they were to start up, would catch with the edge. So the car detects the bonnet is open and refuses to start the wipers until the bonnet is shut properly. A faulty bonnet switch saying that the bonnet is still open would therefore interfere with the wiper operation.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Fully correct, sounds like it’s all sorted now though...time to enjoy!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
As above that is correct. When I started reading my first thought was bonnet sensor.

OP
mickfit6

mickfit6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C200 Sport Diesel
Thx guys for all your replys.....
Was just looking for some clarity...... felt I was been palmed off with an elaborate excuse.....

But, thx again guys !!!

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
They also won't work if the door is open. At first I thought mine were bu@@ered. :oops::oops:

Top Bottom