What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Had firmware update 09/29 installed on the SLK a couple of days ago at comand.co.uk so was able to install the latest and last map update yesterday, collected the S204 from comand.co.uk today, she now has parktronic-style sensors on the front with a display in the centre top of the dashboard, reversing camera that automatically switches on and takes over the Comand display when you select reverse, plus she now has a decent HDD in the Comand system with the latest NTG4 maps installed and I'll be able to update the maps further in future.

Only slight downside is that changing the HDD lost all the locations except My Address in the Memory, however it did not loose any of the Recent Locations, so I now have to spend time selecting each important one then saving it - time consuming and will keep me out of mischief for a few hours.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Not to the Merc, all that's happening there is a quick wipe down once a week and the addition of a charger. :(

The electrically operated tailgate on the Lexus decided to stop working on Wednesday. Typically it was one of the few times I could have done with it as I was doing a tip run with a load of accumulated rubbish, including old electronic stuff, some quite heavy to get through the back door.

Ah well, managed to sort it and decided to call into Lexus on the way home as it's practically on the way and the car's under warranty. No problem, booked in for this morning at 08:30. Got into the car this morning only to be greeted by a fully functioning tailgate which worked flawlessly every time I tried it. Got to Lexus anyway as I thought it may have logged a fault but apparently nothing showing and it's still perfect now.

"Don't hesitate to ring if it does it again" said the tech who looked at it smugly :)

Incidentally it's not the first time it's happened on this car, the last time (March last year) it turned out to be a burnt out motor, which I was informed would have cost over £1,200 to replace, had the car not been covered by an extended warranty.

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
2 new canbus friendly festoon LEDs on the rear numberplate.

One of the old bulbs had blown, so..... much brightness!

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Small update re the HDD change on my S204 - started going through the "Previous Locations" to re-save important ones back into the memory, expecting to be starting a very long job - and found the "Previous Locations" only saves about 20 locations. Meant I was fairly quickly able to rescue half a dozen important ones back into the memory, but I know I had far more than that and whatever they were, they're now lost as I did not take a record before the job was done. On top of that, although I do have the old HDD, it's an ATA 100 44 pin connection and I do not have anything to connect it to my PC so can't look to see if there's anything recoverable on it.:(:(:(

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Had a new tyre fitted. IMG_4831.jpg

The tyre fitter found this inside.
Little wonder why it went from okay to not in a few hundred yards. (Dash cam footage.)

Not a lot of change and the dog house for me having already laid the blame on my lovely wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Looked at the MB and thought no, it's going to be a mucky week so I will clean it next Saturday whilst my wife is at work. Long range forecast says it is going to be dry and 11°, don't hold out much hope though :rolleyes::)

Rob76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E280 CDI Sport
I opened my main battery & topped up all cells with DI water. The CTEK has been connected all night so im hoping that it comes back to life :)
I will check the battery voltage tomorrow via Carsoft to see :)
So did this ^^
It has stood until today, battery voltage via MB2 is 12v
I have a long run tomorrow so will see what happens, maybe time for a new battery soon....

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
55 been sat for a while, decided to take it for a run to the department store as there was a sale on.
Just pure luxury..................:cool: Left with 1/4 tank of fuel, returned with 1/4 tank of fuel :D

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
55 been sat for a while, decided to take it for a run to the department store as there was a sale on.
Just pure luxury..................:cool: Left with 1/4 tank of fuel, returned with 1/4 tank of fuel :D

You have the holy grail! A perpetual energy SL55!!! :)

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Out for drive just around 50 mls
average speed 50. Bit disappointed
temperature never passed 82-3
car was warm enough heater etc ,but might need new stat. Rather it sat at the 88-90.

Top Bottom