Limp mode???

Catafc13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe, 2011 3.0
Good evening everyone, this is the last chance for me and i am hoping someone can help, i brought a E350 coupe 2011 April last year and while driving home it went in to some sort of limp mode ( 7 speed auto, goes through the gears ok to high speed but really steady, engine light came on, had dpf system cleaned, dpf sensor and lamber sensor replaced , no more faults showing after going onthe star system but after 50 mile the car will go back in to drive home mode, the car can be switched off for 10 seconds and resets itself but then after a while drive home again, due to this i have only done a few thousand miles , i am no expert but could this be a transmission issue, ive googled and limp mode always says it will stick in 2nd or 3rd gear but with mine its not the case, can anyone help me please. Thanks in advance

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Good evening everyone, this is the last chance for me and i am hoping someone can help, i brought a E350 coupe 2011 April last year and while driving home it went in to some sort of limp mode ( 7 speed auto, goes through the gears ok to high speed but really steady, engine light came on, had dpf system cleaned, dpf sensor and lamber sensor replaced , no more faults showing after going onthe star system but after 50 mile the car will go back in to drive home mode, the car can be switched off for 10 seconds and resets itself but then after a while drive home again, due to this i have only done a few thousand miles , i am no expert but could this be a transmission issue, ive googled and limp mode always says it will stick in 2nd or 3rd gear but with mine its not the case, can anyone help me please. Thanks in advance
I think you need a decent Mercedes Independent buddy , where do you live so someone can recommend an Indy .

OP
Catafc13

Catafc13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe, 2011 3.0
Thanks for replying, to be honest the first garage i took it to who replaced the dpf and lamber sensor ending up keeping it for 5 months and still gave it back with the fault, i think i was robbed, it has since been to another independent garage where they found a couple air leaks in the engine area but this didnt cure the problem, i phoned them to take it back and they made the excuse they are too busy, any help will be appreciated, i live in the Doncaster area.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Thanks for replying, to be honest the first garage i took it to who replaced the dpf and lamber sensor ending up keeping it for 5 months and still gave it back with the fault, i think i was robbed, it has since been to another independent garage where they found a couple air leaks in the engine area but this didnt cure the problem, i phoned them to take it back and they made the excuse they are too busy, any help will be appreciated, i live in the Doncaster area.
Hopefully someone familiar with the area can recommend an MB Indy in the Doncaster area soon buddy :D

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
The car going through the gears indicates that your "limp mode" is restricting engine revs and not gear box selection. Being that turning off and on resets the condition would seem to indicate a sensor somewhere is playing up.
Above advice is correct, get it to someone who knows what they are doing with these cars and can read codes and determine the cause, not just have a guess and replace parts.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Try a new exhaust back pressure sensor.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
No don't try anything.
There's an old mantra which is "Test, don't guess". Trying this then that is a sure way to spend a lot of money getting nowhere.
Unfortunately I don't know any recommended Indy's in your area but @V6Matty may do.

Welcome to the forum.

OP
Catafc13

Catafc13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe, 2011 3.0
Thanks for the advise so far, this is really testing me now, buying the car and repairs im up to around 11k, a lot of money for something i can't enjoy.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I have to ask - did you try to get the seller to sort it?

OP
Catafc13

Catafc13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe, 2011 3.0
No, i was changing jobs and needed it for a company car, i brought it from Luton so due to the distance i decided to sort the repair myself, after paying for dpf clean and the dpf sensor i got in to the rut of thinking the next repair will sort it, i did write to the garage after having the lamber sensor replaced and was told as i used a third party they would not take responsibility.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
A decent merc indy is priceless. The way its been for you is a sure way to fall out of love with the car and clearly its not the cars fault.
you have been stung by poor garages thats for sure.
Are you prepared to travel to Notts for a fix. Mercserve are fantastic. they been doing 4 mercs in my family for a long time.
Having a code reader is one thing. knowing how to use it another.
DO NOT KEEP THROWING MONEY ON A WHIM WITH THE EXPECTATION IT WILL FIX THE PROBLEM. you eventually will by pure chance but thats gonna cost serious green.

Teat dont guess as above sums it up beutifully.

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
They’s M-Tech at Hatfield Woodhouse for MB indy. They’s Europa in Sheffield who or an autherised MB repair and service centre. Those are the 2 i know locally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
As Mobia, if you don’t mind a bit of a run towards Nottingham then you have MercServ or MB Centre, both are good, personally I use MB Centre as that’s more convenient for me, looked after my last 3 mercs well and always willing to talk things through.
There is meant to be a good Indy near Donny, but I can’t remember their name for the life of me, I’ll have a search around later see if I can find one that rings a bell

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
They’s M-Tech at Hatfield Woodhouse for MB indy. They’s Europa in Sheffield who or an autherised MB repair and service centre. Those are the 2 i know locally

Wouldn’t recommend Europa, there’s been a few stories recently that they have really gone down hill and cutting corners.

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
Wouldn’t recommend Europa, there’s been a few stories recently that they have really gone down hill and cutting corners.

Where have you heard that?

OP
Catafc13

Catafc13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe, 2011 3.0
Thanks again for the replies, MTech is a garage in the next village to me, i made the mistake of telling them i brought a new car for work so they kept it for 5 months... ive looked at both the Nottingham garages and MB centre is the best location wise so i will give them a call tomorrow unless V6Matty can remember the Doncaster garage.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
Catafc13

Catafc13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 coupe, 2011 3.0
Still early for a Sunday mate

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Have them take live data for the exhaust back pressure sensor. It should be around 980 to 1024 .... duff ones read about 4000
Its a very common issue and a £46 fix. Other problems are the turbo actuator and turbo vanes. Get yourself an icarsoft mb2 scanner and arm yourself for future problems.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom