Any F1 fans

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Wish F1 would come alive next year just like the last twenty posts in this thread!

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
Perhaps F1 should do like the football fraternity does and have champion leagues or show other motor racing events during the winter period. Perhaps showing future rookies from F2 and F3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Perhaps F1 should do like the football fraternity does and have champion leagues or show other motor racing events during the winter period. Perhaps showing future rookies from F2 and F3.

The only issue being the Northern hemisphere shuts down racing over the winter (which is rally season) and there's not enough southern hemisphere racing at that level to keep the public entertained.
Now if we were to show Aussie V8s... .

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
With respect, festivals and or crowded campsites are the last places I'd enjoy these days. I've always liked camping. Got it from my dad and most of our holidays were to very secluded places. We even went to the Okavango swamps in the 60s before people knew it existed.

The last time I camped was in my off-road caravan in the Australian outback about 5 years ago. Air-conditioned, double bed , shower, toilet (vacuum type with cassette) , fridge, in and out-door kitchens, water storage and fully self-contained with 220v (inverter), battery banks and a solar array on the roof for camping in the bush. Even had a Nespresso with me for my morning java.:cool:

We'd sometimes go 2 weeks and not see another soul.

My wife likes being under the stars but prefers to be under 5 stars. Camping was a compromise for her as long as long as she was really comfortable. :oops::shock:

I’m in total agreement with your wife on this one, I like my home comforts to much to enjoy back to basics camping. Getting dragged around the UK by my aficionado father as a child and only enjoying the “laugh” such as it was, back then and, occasionally at that, has left me scarred.
Your Australian experience sounds delightful.
I do enjoy a nice big caravan with all mod cons.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I’m in total agreement with your wife on this one, I like my home comforts to much to enjoy back to basics camping. Getting dragged around the UK by my aficionado father as a child and only enjoying the “laugh” such as it was, back then and, occasionally at that, has left me scarred.
Your Australian experience sounds delightful.
I do enjoy a nice big caravan with all mod cons.

Silverstone woodlands do Glamping with Gurs and you can also hire a ready pitched caravan, not exactly slumming it

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Silverstone woodlands do Glamping with Gurs and you can also hire a ready pitched caravan, not exactly slumming it

I hadn’t realised or knew that this level of facilities were available.
It puts a completely different complexion on things.
I will look into it now.
My previous hatred of camping which has been ingrained for more than 50 years may well be assuaged, although the purists, (on both sides), will most likely baulk at me deigning to compare them

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I hadn’t realised or knew that this level of facilities were available.
It puts a completely different complexion on things.
I will look into it now.
My previous hatred of camping which has been ingrained for more than 50 years may well be assuaged, although the purists, (on both sides), will most likely baulk at me deigning to compare them

Totally different experience, they built permanent toilet and shower blocks about 6 years ago, glamping is lovely

https://www.silverstonewoodlands.co.uk/camping-at-silverstone-for-the-formula-1-2020

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
I've cancelled all my Sky subscriptions (too expensive and other than F1 never used). So next year or rather this year it is highlights on Channel 4 for me.

pgh13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320CDI 2004 - straight 6 diesel
I've cancelled all my Sky subscriptions (too expensive and other than F1 never used). So next year or rather this year it is highlights on Channel 4 for me.

With a universal satellite receiver and dish pointed at the Astra1 satellite you can still get races live, albeit with ads, on RTL; a German channel.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I pay £42 a month for SKY including all Sports channels and HD

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
With a universal satellite receiver and dish pointed at the Astra1 satellite you can still get races live, albeit with ads, on RTL; a German channel.
Astra1 is the one a Sky dish is pointed at is it not? I have bought a Humax satellite receiver but not yet plugged it in :D

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Haas reveal their VF-20

skysports-has-f1-2020-car_4912912.jpg

skysports-haas-f1-2020-car_4912910.jpg

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I always preferred the Haas group colours, it just looks so much better imho.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
How many more elements can they add to that front wing?!
They could always add some "Unobtantium" that's a pretty rare element :cool:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is just a livery reveal, I doubt the car will look like that

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom