B class Sport - height from ground to front wheel arch?

steveclv

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 B180 CDI CVT
I have a 2008 B180 Sport and I keep grinding the front over speed humps :(

The suspension is rock hard and it's running on 45 profile tyres on 17" rims

I need to check to see if someone has lowered the car so if there are any B180/200 CDi owners with the Sport model on 17"s could they measure the height of the front from the ground to the wheel arch please?

I'm trying to keep the rest of my fillings! ;)

Thanks

Steve

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have an A200 C169 with Sports suspension and 18" AMG - III as a factory option.
It's not been lowered, but the wheel arches does appear filled somewhat (225/40 tyres):

32283496555_6564a95a93_o.jpg

The Sports suspension is 10mm lower, according to my car's spec.

Not sure the dimensions are the same as W245, even though they do share a lot of parts, etc, but I'd be happy to measure for it you, if need be.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.

I need to check to see if someone has lowered the car so if there are any B180/200 CDi owners with the Sport model on 17"s could they measure the height of the front from the ground to the wheel arch please?

Thanks

Steve

I had a B180 sport too and the ride was dreadful.

There was an option for comfort running gear which I contemplated retrofitting but it was new shocks and springs all round. I doubt anyone has lowered your car. Its just hard and horrible on the standard 17" rims.

I made mine a lot better by finding some 16" rims with higher profile tyres. Made a massive difference.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
the wifes 169 catches it's mud guards on speed humps all the time, and that's an Avantguard, only way around is to go a little slower over them.

OP
S

steveclv

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 B180 CDI CVT
Thanks all - the B will be different from the A and I'm not driving fast over the bumps LOL

I'll investigate the 16s - just wish I didn't have brand new tyres on the 17s :(

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.

Thanks

Steve

A measurement from the wheel centre to the top of the arch might be more accurate since it rules out the tyre pressure factor.

sineda

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B180 CDi SE
I know it's an old post... I drive a pre-facelift B-class on 45s with 17" rims. Love the ride and don't find it bumpy at all. I came from a golf MK5 with sports suspensions and the B-Class beats it by far. Much more comfortable. Yes, if you hit a pot hole then you can definitely feel it hardcore, but that's sports suspension for you.

Gwion Davies

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B180 Sport Night Edition

Thanks

Steve

incase you are still wondering lol, yes the sport models have a lowered suspension by 15mm and the springs and shocks are more firm so yes you will feel bumps, potholes and also scrape on speed bumps, mine does and it kills me! by the way with this package the car also comes with a type of direct steering, so when you are going faster, the steering will stiffen up and will feel better than at low speeds where it lightens up and and is easier for manoeuvring tight corners!

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Thanks...lol. Welcome to the forum and your insightful addition...three years later.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom