Figured out USB media album art audio 20 using WMA and windows 10

Bumpymacaroon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C117 CLA 2016 1.6 petrol
Not a major issue but noticed only four albums on my usb stick had accompanying album art which struck me as odd as on my media players (cowon and fiio) and windows media player all albums and associated singles showed the art.
Following a bit of googling I found the answer, with the exception of the four albums all the others did not have the art embedded into each track. Audio 20 looks for embedded art whereas windows media player and the media players I use show art in the albums file folder.
So how to embed art into individual tracks?
There are music ID tag editors available that allow you to edit the information. I found a free program called tagscanner that allows you to load all your music files then select an album at a time, by double clicking the album you select all the tracks from here you add album art and save the change it even allows you to set the size of the art I used 200x200, useful as some art was a lot bigger. As a note I use windows media player which automatically downloads art and saves as a hidden system file, by de selecting hide system files in file explorer view options you can gain access to them. The tagscanner program when selecting to insert picture from file opens the albums folder you are editing from there you can select the art already downloaded.
This took me about four hours for around 900 albums/8000 track note make changes on files on your PC (make a backup first in case things go Pete tong) then load onto usb if you try to edit files on usb it will take longer to save changes to the stick AA0F2D69-1FEA-4EF7-93AE-AFCE27930F32.jpeg , it was a Sunday and I had a hangover after having a Saturday afternoon watching the Calcutta cup.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I bought a SLC250d last week. I have all this to do, thanks for the info.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Some versions of Comand (mine is NTG 5*2), so may be different for your Audio 20, only display properly when album artwork is a maximum size of 500x500 pixels. I had to correct a few of mine where I had manually added artwork to iTunes.

OP
Bumpymacaroon

Bumpymacaroon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C117 CLA 2016 1.6 petrol
Is WMA the only option? That format is so poor audio wise I don't know if I could be bothered going back in time 15 years ;)
I wouldn't entertain anything that isn't lossless today.

That is what I used back in the day
I’m sure other formats are available I use WMA as it suits my needs loss of quality is not an issue I listen to thrash metal in a noisy environment

OP
Bumpymacaroon

Bumpymacaroon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C117 CLA 2016 1.6 petrol
Some versions of Comand (mine is NTG 5*2), so may be different for your Audio 20, only display properly when album artwork is a maximum size of 500x500 pixels. I had to correct a few of mine where I had manually added artwork to iTunes.
Yeah 200*200 works on audio 20, looks like I will have to revisit the tag software when the missus allows me to upgrade the motor

OP
Bumpymacaroon

Bumpymacaroon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C117 CLA 2016 1.6 petrol
See srdl comment “Some versions of Comand (mine is NTG 5*2), so may be different for your Audio 20, only display properly when album artwork is a maximum size of 500x500 pixels. I had to correct a few of mine where I had manually added artwork to iTunes.”

looks like audio 20 is happy with 200x200 whereas the command system works properly with 500x500,

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
If you are an Apple user and have music on iTunes, most of it should transfer over to a USB with artwork intact. Depends on your car and year because my 2010 car with Audio 20 didn’t like the Apple format but my 2018 one with Comand has no problems.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
If you are an Apple user and have music on iTunes, most of it should transfer over to a USB with artwork intact. Depends on your car and year because my 2010 car with Audio 20 didn’t like the Apple format but my 2018 one with Comand has no problems.
Thanks, had a quick look today on Apple Play using a iPhone 7 plus all seems to work.

Top Bottom