Kilmarnock

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
any of our members live close to above place in Scotland ??

I'm not far from Kilmarnock sir, only about 15 miles. Something I can help with?

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
well ( the wife says I start a lot of explinations with this :p ) ive seen a CL500 I like the look of Aaaaand if you happened to be in the area , you could possibly give it a look over ???

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
well ( the wife says I start a lot of explinations with this :p ) ive seen a CL500 I like the look of Aaaaand if you happened to be in the area , you could possibly give it a look over ???
Could be the start of a new thread with pics :D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
That looks decent for it’s age/mileage , good luck. Just need to give Jimbo a crash course in what to look out for with the ABC.....(I note no MOT related ABC advisories ever which has to be a good sign...maybe?)

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have had dialect with the seller / dealer , seems to know his onions , its 4 hour drive for me but its seriously interests me , wonder if I could trace any of its history at all ?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I have had dialect with the seller / dealer , seems to know his onions , its 4 hour drive for me but its seriously interests me , wonder if I could trace any of its history at all ?
Do you use anything like Total car check? That’s what I do, gives some information free (like MOT history etc), then you can buy a better report which comes with some insurance ...

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Looks a nice car. Crazy low price for such a luxury ride. I guess people are afraid of gas-guzzlers & repair costs.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Not sure if there is a blemish or two in the rear wheel arches. Difficult to tell from the pics.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone

I can certainly give it a look over, take some pics and post them up for you, however I couldn't make it happen until Saturday mid to late afternoon at the earliest. Work is getting in the way, unfortunately.
It would help if you could post a list of the things you want particular attention paid to and what problem areas to look out for please.

Or, do I just go in and take a million pictures of the whole car and give you my take on the general condition?

Perhaps you could PM me if you'd prefer a little privacy?

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hey jim , id really appreciate that but please , only if you are in the area ,
check list
tyres , seat condition , any scratches / dents , any corrosion door bottoms and C post area , everything works ?? , brake condition , cheeky test drive maybe ?? seller swears its a good one as he's had 4 already and has another CL for sale too but as I say , if you get chance and its not putting you out pal that would be awesome :D

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
hey jim , id really appreciate that but please , only if you are in the area ,
check list
tyres , seat condition , any scratches / dents , any corrosion door bottoms and C post area , everything works ?? , brake condition , cheeky test drive maybe ?? seller swears its a good one as he's had 4 already and has another CL for sale too but as I say , if you get chance and its not putting you out pal that would be awesome :D
I’d add making sure the ABC is cycling up and down whilst getting someone to check the corners , check underneath for weeping on the struts or oil patches nearby - can’t remember if this model has SBC braking but dash check for SBC hold working correctly if so....
I’m no CL expert but I’m sure there are others on here with more ideas what to look for ...

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
ALOT of car for the money.
Typical of mercs in that depreciation is huge and maintence costs on such cars can be pretty high if a major component fails.
Go for it.

Definately a test drive as the ECU will show will any faults on the screen.

You can check mot test history online.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom