Renewal

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Hi chaps,
Some good renewal news. I am insured with esure originally had 0 nc discount now 1 years nc discount. Last year's qoute for my E250 was £513 a year now without me even haggling its came through at £399 a year. Also I called them to say I now have work provided transport and miles per year will go down to 3000 a year is gone down even further to £340 a year. Happy days.boooom

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Similar good news....i8 insurance renewal came through ( I have 9 years + protected ncd), gone up from £565 to £605 with Churchill, shopped around and Direct Line are £424 and can access the ncd proof online so all done ! Happy days

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Similar good news....i8 insurance renewal came through ( I have 9 years + protected ncd), gone up from £565 to £605 with Churchill, shopped around and Direct Line are £424 and can access the ncd proof online so all done ! Happy days
Excellent news John

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
Surprise surprise CLK insurance, Hastings Direct £5 cheaper. House insurance up by £30.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Insurance remains an enigma to me. Last year's price £287.00, renewal quote £327.00. I have aeons of NCD. I phone LV and tell them the quote is unacceptable, they offer an £18.00 discount. I cancel the policy and say I'll comparethemarket. 20 mins later I renew the insurance with LV, all the same details at £278.00.

I know they no longer reward customer loyalty, they only reward active customers. But presumably they pay a fee to the meerkats to help with all the advertising? Surely they make more money by treating me as an active customer when I phone them? It's strange business.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Insurance remains an enigma to me. Last year's price £287.00, renewal quote £327.00. I have aeons of NCD. I phone LV and tell them the quote is unacceptable, they offer an £18.00 discount. I cancel the policy and say I'll comparethemarket. 20 mins later I renew the insurance with LV, all the same details at £278.00.

I know they no longer reward customer loyalty, they only reward active customers. But presumably they pay a fee to the meerkats to help with all the advertising? Surely they make more money by treating me as an active customer when I phone them? It's strange business.
They make money off the customers that don’t challenge or compare, sharp practice but it’s how they make the most profit.

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
Money grabbing opportunistic vultures as I've said frequently on this forum. And woe betide you if you change cars shortly after renewal. You're then a prime target for getting ripped off. Ask me how l know.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
They make money off the customers that don’t challenge or compare, sharp practice but it’s how they make the most profit.

Sharp practice that doesn't profit them. I understand that the sheep will just renew unless the price hike is outrageous, but a telephone challenge should elicit a competitive response. Another quote on the comparison site was £230.00, but I think LV are a reputable company, so I went with them again. If they don't respond better next year I will take the business away.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Good news on my renewal for this year, £232 and some pence, it only went up £5 wow! Well done Churchill!

I noticed that the annual milage was showing 15K and mentioned that I was now doing less than 6K per annum now due to my work providing a vehicle, to which the advisor replied, "ok, give me a minute and I'll change that and see what difference that factors in", she came back twenty seconds later and gave me the wonderful news of a saving of £60!

Full years premium, full comp insurance, with glass, legal, £100 excess, only £171-36 :D:D Am I a happy chappy or not? Yee haa!

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Good news on my renewal for this year, £232 and some pence, it only went up £5 wow! Well done Churchill!

I noticed that the annual milage was showing 15K and mentioned that I was now doing less than 6K per annum now due to my work providing a vehicle, to which the advisor replied, "ok, give me a minute and I'll change that and see what difference that factors in", she came back twenty seconds later and gave me the wonderful news of a saving of £60!

Full years premium, full comp insurance, with glass, legal, £100 excess, only £171-36 :D:D Am I a happy chappy or not? Yee haa!

Good news Jimbo. I hope you're on better terms with your car now. I guess if you've renewed your policy...

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300

Sadly that applies to all insurances now. I am the same ring them up & renew at last years price.

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400

Great news

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good news Jimbo. I hope you're on better terms with your car now. I guess if you've renewed your policy...

Needs must as they say Mac, I've still got a couple of things to try, although it has improved dramatically since replacing the front hubs and discs, it's still not quite right, so, as soon as I have the money I'll buy the multilink arms for the front and get them changed too, hopefully that will sort it.

If it doesn't then I'm f-cked 'cos there will be nothing left to replace on the front of the car between brakes and suspension as I'll have replaced everything. It's a damned shame really because I still love how the car looks and, as long as I brake gently from less than 80mph, drives.

I mean, why else would I be daft enough to do a full valet on it yesterday, if I wasn't besotted with it? Being on holiday with nowhere to go and nothing to do (legally), is a bit of a drag. See pics below.

IMG_4274.JPG IMG_4276.JPG

She's looking stunning.

Fingers crossed.

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Needs must as they say Mac, I've still got a couple of things to try, although it has improved dramatically since replacing the front hubs and discs, it's still not quite right, so, as soon as I have the money I'll buy the multilink arms for the front and get them changed too, hopefully that will sort it.

If it doesn't then I'm f-cked 'cos there will be nothing left to replace on the front of the car between brakes and suspension as I'll have replaced everything. It's a damned shame really because I still love how the car looks and, as long as I brake gently from less than 80mph, drives.

I mean, why else would I be daft enough to do a full valet on it yesterday, if I wasn't besotted with it? Being on holiday with nowhere to go and nothing to do (legally), is a bit of a drag. See pics below.

View attachment 56721 View attachment 56722

She's looking stunning.

Fingers crossed.
She looks beautiful almost makes me want to do mine :D

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
She looks beautiful almost makes me want to do mine :D

Only "almost" Dean? :shock: :D:D

I was going to paint the calipers today but it's been hissing down since about 5-00 a.m. sadly, hopefully it'll dry up though it doesn't look promising tbh.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom