Still clutching my £18k budget for a new car !!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Still looking and havn't found any thing yet. I have expelled the thoughts of a CLA, Altough I like the look of them they are totally impractical, I am referring to the rear passenger accommodation, so it's a 'C'.

Everything I have looked at has a black interior which is something I really wanted to avoid after having the light Grey in my current 'C', I also wanted to try and avoid Black paint. I have had three MB's now and they have all been Black !!. However something caught my eye as being worth the money :-

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201912055055537?advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&keywords=sport&body-type=Saloon&maximum-mileage=20000&seller-type=trade&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&fuel-type=Petrol&aggregatedTrim=C200&transmission=Automatic&price-to=18000&model=C CLASS&year-from=2015&minimum-badge-engine-size=2.0&sort=distance&price-from=16000&postcode=nr321pu&page=1

Black interior, but am I missing something ? o_O

PS - Too late it seems to have been sold !! :rolleyes::rolleyes: It was a 2018 C200 4dr Sport Auto in Metallic blue, 17,000 miles at £17500. Oh well, keep searching :)

Last edited:

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I had grey seats on my 207 but there was no choice but black for the GLC. I can’t say that I’ve missed the grey other than the black seats don’t show the dirt like the grey did :)

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
If wearing no work clothes I definitely prefer the lighter colours, my favourite being cream , but as said
if you can keep them clean or in a position to change your car regular
then the next owner has the worry of
keeping them clean. The worst part about light colours though is if the seat belts get dirty I hate it ,
They are so hard to clean.

OP
A.J.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
If wearing no work clothes I definitely prefer the lighter colours, my favourite being cream , but as said
if you can keep them clean or in a position to change your car regular
then the next owner has the worry of
keeping them clean. The worst part about light colours though is if the seat belts get dirty I hate it ,
They are so hard to clean.

I work part time in an office so dirty clothing isn't an issue :)

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I think it was jeans that used to discolour my grey seats.

Yeah definitely jeans , few yrs ago wife bought new cream suite , I came in that evening with wet jeans on and
sat down and dyed it a blue tint for life.
was in the dog house for a few days. Lol.

OP
A.J.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
18k I’d be buying an E220d W213 all day long

Yes, I know you would but I really don't want a car that big. That was the reason I sort of liked the idea of a CLA which as it turns out is totally impractical for me due to the rear accommodation. The other issue is the diesel engine. I mostly only do fairly short trips and a diesel would be a problem for me. :)

OP
A.J.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
That interior is lovely, and the milage spot on. I just would like to see if I can get away from a Black exterior :rolleyes: I saw one on AT yesterday with a Red interior which looked great but I was not sold on the White exterior. Thanks for looking John. :)
Yeah I did think the black would be an issue- however you only see the inside as a driver :rolleyes:
I do like read leather Andy must admit- had it on my 230 and it was lush!
I’ll keep looking, it’s a great hobby (better when you’re in the market yourself but for me not until May 21...)

OP
A.J.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
https://www.evanshalshaw.com/search/vehicledetails/used-car-mercedes_benz-c class--automatic-petrol-silver-saloon-fx67llo/

I’ve bought from Evans Halshaw before, prices seem more realistic, preparation isn’t always the best!
I’d offset one and mitigate with getting a proper detail done. This looks decent in fairness...

Mileage John, almost double my upper limit. I have always bought low mileage cars and so far that has served me well. I have only ever had to replace a speed sensor on all three that I have had and that was on my current one. The one I have now is a 2012 and has only done 31,000 miles even now :)

OP
A.J.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Those are nice colour combinations :cool::cool:

The Blue with the Grey is the combination I would like :) The one at the weekend on AT with the Red interior was stunning it was just that I was not sold on a White exterior :rolleyes:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
The Blue with the Grey is the combination I would like :) The one at the weekend on AT with the Red interior was stunning it was just that I was not sold on a White exterior :rolleyes:

Grey with Red interior would be lovely

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Mileage John, almost double my upper limit. I have always bought low mileage cars and so far that has served me well. I have only ever had to replace a speed sensor on all three that I have had and that was on my current one. The one I have now is a 2012 and has only done 31,000 miles even now :)
Ah so c20k upper limit ? That will test me...:D:rolleyes:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom