New Merc owner

Cosmosmerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e/2016/2.0 hybrid

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

The fake ipad is an eyesore - try an E-Class :cool:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome, and to answer above I’m guessing BIK pressures?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Cosmosmerc, welcome to the forum :)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Hello and welcome, Cosmosmerc.

OP
C

Cosmosmerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e/2016/2.0 hybrid
welcome aboard , why buy a car with something in / on it that you don't like ??

Love the car, only that "fake ipad" bothers me, but the rest of the car is awesome. I've seen on youtube it's not a big deal to change it, but I know that Mercedes have these fail safe things with electrics so that I wouldn't mess up anything wanted to know if anyone done it or got it done somewhere.

OP
C

Cosmosmerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e/2016/2.0 hybrid
Welcome, and to answer above I’m guessing BIK pressures?

Hi John, I'm sorry, but have no idea what BIK stands for :D

I was talking about the screen that's in the middle like a tablet. Was thinking to change it to a touchscreen and to be able to have apps on it, instead of paying for a subscription to Mercedes to update the maps and live traffic. I read on here that it's too expensive.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi John, I'm sorry, but have no idea what BIK stands for :D

I was talking about the screen that's in the middle like a tablet. Was thinking to change it to a touchscreen and to be able to have apps on it, instead of paying for a subscription to Mercedes to update the maps and live traffic. I read on here that it's too expensive.
Benefit In Kind - Tax payable for having a company car

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Welcome Cosmosmerc, If you dislike it enough you could take it to Comand Uk (they sponsor this forum). If anyone knows how to change it without losing function, it's them. It's likely to be expensive to swop it out and it didn't bother you when you bought the car.

OP
C

Cosmosmerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e/2016/2.0 hybrid
Welcome Cosmosmerc, If you dislike it enough you could take it to Comand Uk (they sponsor this forum). If anyone knows how to change it without losing function, it's them. It's likely to be expensive to swop it out and it didn't bother you when you bought the car.

Thanks McDonald,

Well the more and more I look at it kind of started to bother me. Had a TOMTOM before and it had all live warnings, speed cam's etc, now this one doesn't have any of those. I don't really mind the look of it overall it's just the functions. Sucks that it's not touch and also because it's 2016 I can't get the phone apps on it as that started in 2017. This I just recently knew. Didn't want a 2017 one anyway as the road tax changed that year :D

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Thanks McDonald,

Well the more and more I look at it kind of started to bother me. Had a TOMTOM before and it had all live warnings, speed cam's etc, now this one doesn't have any of those. I don't really mind the look of it overall it's just the functions. Sucks that it's not touch and also because it's 2016 I can't get the phone apps on it as that started in 2017. This I just recently knew. Didn't want a 2017 one anyway as the road tax changed that year :D

ComandUK installed a brilliant head unit in my car, replacing 2004 technology. They managed to retain all the functions eg. steering wheel control and clock. I've now got a nice touchscreen, a discreet connection for my phone (handsfree) and I can recharge my phone. All unavailable in 2004, when electronics were made of wood. But it all costs money.

Danshipp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 c250cdi
Hi all
I recently bought a 2012 c250cdi. I have had it for about 2 months now and have had a few teething issues!
Firstly the dreaded oil leak..numerous hours in the garage and £1000 later it has finally stopped leaking oil! Hurray!
My next issue is still occurring, under hard(ish) acceleration something just doesn’t seem right. I don’t know loads about cars, but this isn’t my first turbo car. When changing gears for the first split second or 2 in the next gear there seems to be a no/little power, Enough to make it feel strange.
Vary rarely I will get a nice smooth gear change followed by a nice amount of instant power. But more often it doesn’t.
If it’s any help, first gear is well...just atrocious, it really doesn’t like getting off the line at all lol.
Can anyone please help me out or point me in the right direction?

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
Hi all
I recently bought a 2012 c250cdi. I have had it for about 2 months now and have had a few teething issues!
Firstly the dreaded oil leak..numerous hours in the garage and £1000 later it has finally stopped leaking oil! Hurray!
My next issue is still occurring, under hard(ish) acceleration something just doesn’t seem right. I don’t know loads about cars, but this isn’t my first turbo car. When changing gears for the first split second or 2 in the next gear there seems to be a no/little power, Enough to make it feel strange.
Vary rarely I will get a nice smooth gear change followed by a nice amount of instant power. But more often it doesn’t.
If it’s any help, first gear is well...just atrocious, it really doesn’t like getting off the line at all lol.
Can anyone please help me out or point me in the right direction?
I've often read the term 'turbo-lag'. This sounds like a perfect description.

Danshipp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 c250cdi
I've often read the term 'turbo-lag'. This sounds like a perfect description.

Thank you for your reply!

yes I thought that it would sound like turbo lag aswel...however I have never experienced it like this before it just seems so strange? I have had 2 other 2.0tdi’s, a 1.6tdi and a 1.6t, all of which never had anywhere near the amount of “lag” as this has if that is the problem.
Also with this being the twin turbo, I would have thought if anything it would have less lag than any of my other cars?

thank you :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom