Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Took the winters off the C32 and put the summer wheels on

6-CC2-AD6-A-8191-4-E86-86-F5-2190-FD8-D1780.jpg

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Charged battery on the S Class, now swapped the charger on to the Lexus.

Had to go through the rear passenger door to open the tailgate with the emergency release mechanism as it won't open with any buttons or the key. Not for the first time. Of course, the battery lives behind said tailgate.

It was repaired with a new motor last March under warranty, wouldn't open again in January this year but when I took it in to them to look at, typically it was fine. It went in last Tuesday for it's 6 year major service where they found out that it wasn't working again as apparently the new motor has a fault. Yet another one ordered but it could be a while in the current climate.

This is now the 3rd time it's let me down in the 2 years I've owned it so, unless some goodwill is forthcoming from Lexus, it may just be time for another car change. I had a 15 year old Subaru which was more reliable than this thing, I may just go back to one of those or not even bother with a daily/winter car any more.

Do you anticipate doing a lot of miles now you are a man of leisure Dave?
If you reckon on 5k or so PA, I'd be inclined to just have the one car and save on tax/insurance and upkeep of a second car.
Unless of course you do a fair bit of load lugging and trips to the tip. Cant be turning up there in the S class:D

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Do you anticipate doing a lot of miles now you are a man of leisure Dave?
If you reckon on 5k or so PA, I'd be inclined to just have the one car and save on tax/insurance and upkeep of a second car.
Unless of course you do a fair bit of load lugging and trips to the tip. Cant be turning up there in the S class:D

Bit mixed really Roger, I didn't do more than 3,000 miles last year with all cars, that's the W213 E63s, W201 Cosworth, Lexus and the current S Class but, as you know, there was quite a health issue for a while which slowed me down a bit. Having said that, I've not done big mileages for a good while really with working from home. I'm currently classed as "vulnerable", so no miles at all for the foreseeable either.

I have been known to do tip runs, I did one in the E63s when I'd had it less than a week, though I don't really create the rubbish which I used to as I don't have any old cars any more. It would probably be cheaper to get someone to do stuff like that than to have a car purely on stand-by for it. It's nice to have a winter car as well but again, unnecessary nowadays realistically.

Possibly time for a radical rethink...

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Painted all the brake calipers and hub centres today, looking good now, they had gotten rather tatty looking.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Had to go out for "essential" shopping today. Well, I drove and waited in the car whilst the hard work was done... Funny how these supermarket thingies are so far apart....:rolleyes: For the record, we visited 4 in total and went in 2 of them. 2 had queues to get in and 2 didn't. I hadn't realised that I had not driven the car since the 4th March which was our last lunch out! The SLK looked good in the sunlight and I blew a few cobwebs away down the bypass...;) Still got to give it a polish and wax yet and get the wheels off for and clean / wax the hard to reach bits on them.

shopping car1.jpg

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I love that lift.:)

1200 if i remember correctly ? saved my back and other less flexible bits. was on making some 1.3 m axle stands so i could drop the lift for full access this world drama has pxxxed on the chips a bit on that cause.wot t do ?

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Not today, but on Wednesday I decided to do a quick Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter and Cabin Filter change.

But before I drained the oil I did a Flush using some Normfest MOT Clean. Something I generally always do.

xCCjGc7.jpg

The Oil I decided to give a try is Fuchs Titan 10w40. (I always tend to use 10w40 in older cars - and it is a Mercedes approved Oil)

2Jm6Uli.jpg
YelN8AZ.jpg

I just used Crossland Oil and Air Filters, and a Fram Cabin Filter. (The one I took out, a Carbon Activated one actually looked not too bad - surprising!).

Another thing I found surprising when I was under the car, (yes, I prefer to Drain the Oil - and leave it draining for a good hour!)
was that I could see that the Steering Damper had been changed at some time as it still looked relatively "fresh".... This is one thing that I know very often gets neglected - so at least I know the car has been relatively well looked after in the past.

Actually, I have to say that this Merc is one of the smoothest, quietest ones I've had the pleasure to drive - if not the smoothest (With the exception of the w220). going along you cannot hear the Engine, feel the Engine or any vibrations whatsoever! Just some wind noise. And even with 17's on you only notice the roughest of roads - otherwise nothing. It is quite remarkable for a 19 year-old car with a little over 114,000 miles on the clock!

And as everyone here will know, I've had a few Mercs in my time!

Oh, and I gave it a quick wash and a going over with some 3M Quick Wax. Great stuff!!!

9Dg5vQ0.jpg

0cbHzNo.jpg

Cioa..

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Absolutely nothing. Planning on washing one of them tomorrow. Maybe.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Making my mind up about SORN for the SLK, I'm in week 1 of 12 week home confinement, wife has yet to drive it but happy to drive the S204, RF is about £30pm so seems logical to reclaim and save £100+ and maybe get a reduced insurance cost. Would have the added advantage of moving an annual bill away from what is now an expensive month (mid Oct-mid Nov) due to insurance on 2 cars and RF on one, as well as a couple of others!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom