What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
I had the unalloyed pleasure of taking Mrs to the market and shopping driving a whole 25KMS and waiting around for 1 1/2 hours as only one person is allowed in to do the shopping:mad:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I had the unalloyed pleasure of taking Mrs to the market and shopping driving a whole 25KMS and waiting around for 1 1/2 hours as only one person is allowed in to do the shopping:mad:

In a way I think I would rather sit in the car :rolleyes::D

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Took the front wheels off the C217 to paint the hubs. They're not too bad yet but I know from experience that it's only a matter of time before the rust takes over on them so better now than then.

After the wheel removal I decided that it's much too cold for me outside so I've abandoned that project for now. I did give them a quick rub down but that's it for today. I've been tempted to do the hubs in a black gloss though, after a lot of deliberation, have chickened out and will do them sliver as they should be. I have the paint to hand, also everything else needed for the job so I'll wait for the weather to pick up, hopefully Sunday, and crack on with it then. I may even get the rears done at the same time but there's not really a rush at the moment I suppose, as it won't be going anywhere for the foreseeable future...

Was it that cold "oop norf" today Dave? Cleaning the taxi down here I had my t-shirt off and caught the sun on my shoulders.

I have the same job to do on my front hubs as well. Got the smooth silver Hammerite at the ready.
I've now got a sparkling clean car and nowhere to go:(

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Was it that cold "oop norf" today Dave? Cleaning the taxi down here I had my t-shirt off and caught the sun on my shoulders.

I have the same job to do on my front hubs as well. Got the smooth silver Hammerite at the ready.

Round the bend and up the walls are the two options I've already exhausted this week! o_O

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
ebf4340f5aa15d278f67a8a9f51813a9.jpg

Fitted my summer wheels back on painted the calipers with smooth black hammerite and painted the accessable brakepipes as well. The harder ones i gave them a covering of underseal to annoy the mot man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe

A combination of the weather and all the pills I have to take Roger, blood's that thin that I really feel the cold nowadays so probably more me than the actual outside temperature.

Started mine today but the paint decided that it was happy in the tin and refused to come out. Both tins of the stuff. I have had them for a while but didn't expect that result. I've ordered some more but won't get it till around Wednesday so I've just been claying the inside of the wheels getting the tar spots off them ready for waxing. The front end is all masked up and ready for paint now so I may whip the back wheels off tomorrow and make a start there, including cleaning all the suspension up.

Loads of places to go, just can't get there at this present moment in time. :D

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Washed the 230 (just a lick and a promise) and took it for s quick run to reset the steering angle sensor, circulate the fluids and recharge the batteries.
****** lovely to go out for 15 minutes.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Washed the 204 and the zoe :(

Did the inside of the S class, but not the outside. A previous repair (before I bought it) on the top of the passenger side front door has started to sink and you can see all the sanding marks. It has upset me so Id rather not wash it until its fixed (???? time). May hit it with the jet wash later on.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Washed the 204 and the zoe :(

Did the inside of the S class, but not the outside. A previous repair (before I bought it) on the top of the passenger side front door has started to sink and you can see all the sanding marks. It has upset me so Id rather not wash it until its fixed (???? time). May hit it with the jet wash later on.

Lovely 204 Alex , especially with those wheels . Not sure about the funny little red thing though , I’m sure it’s affected my eyes !:rolleyes: :D:D:D

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Lovely 204 Alex , especially with those wheels . Not sure about the funny little red thing though , I’m sure it’s affected my eyes !:rolleyes: :D:D:D

Haha thanks. They were silver when I got it but I had them powder coated with a powder coated silver rim. The factory diamond cut never lasts in the UK.

It's not anywhere near the MB quality levels

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Sunny day , why not do some unnecessary servicing I thought :D . Found an air filter and frecious pollen filter for the CLK in my garage new parts storage section .
Quick hoover out of the air filter box to get the sand and flies out , 20 minutes later and two new filters were installed .
Checked the air con pressure with my STP pressure guage which showed it all in the green .
Updated my paper records indoors followed by Easter egg and a large tea :geek:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sunny day , why not do some unnecessary servicing I thought :D . Found an air filter and frecious pollen filter for the CLK in my garage new parts storage section .
Quick hoover out of the air filter box to get the sand and flies out , 20 minutes later and two new filters were installed .
Checked the air con pressure with my STP pressure guage which showed it all in the green .
Updated my paper records indoors followed by Easter egg and a large tea :geek:

Good job! Your motivation must be contagious, as I did the other car, and polished the tips (hehe):

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Wow that has come up beautifully buddy . Looks like we all have clean exhaust pipes now
Not all of us... I'm thinking I might hit mine with a Cape Cod cloth in the next day or two...

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Wow that has come up beautifully buddy . Looks like we all have clean exhaust pipes now
I originally posted this Wednesday morning but Anusol is by
Far the best product for your tailpipes bar none
Used sparingly your tips will be gleaming

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I originally posted this Wednesday morning but Anusol is by
Far the best product for your tailpipes bar none
Used sparingly your tips will be gleaming
What you do in the comfort of your own home perhaps isn’t best shared on an open forum...:eek::eek::eek::oops:

Top Bottom