dead key fob 2007 c180 kompressor estate

sam loxly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 c180 kompressor estate
good evening. after a bit of help.
i have an automatic 2007 c180 kompressor estate and my battery on the key fob died, i was unable to find a key hole for the metal key inside the key fob.
can any one point me in the right direction as when this happens again id prefer not to have a mission to the shops and back to replace the battery
many thanks

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome.
Look at the end of the key where the key ring bit is - there’s a slide switch with a grip on it you can grip with your finger nail, slide it and pull the key ring gently and the key blade will come out to use

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

You should have a key hole in the drivers door handle and another under the boot lid close to the boot handle.

Expect the key holes to be jammed up with dirt so get some lubricant into them and work them back and forth until the key works. 90’ is how much you need to turn the key for the lock to release.

OP
S

sam loxly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Many thanks for the replies. Found the key blade. And found the little holes for the boot and car door. But when the battery in the key fob died I was unable to turn the ignition. I had to replace the batteries to turn it over. Is there a hidden key hole for the key blade to start the car?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Many thanks for the replies. Found the key blade. And found the little holes for the boot and car door. But when the battery in the key fob died I was unable to turn the ignition. I had to replace the batteries to turn it over. Is there a hidden key hole for the key blade to start the car?
No.
It should accept s dead key and still turn though it may take a minute or so.

OP
S

sam loxly

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No.
It should accept s dead key and still turn though it may take a minute or so.

Ahh right Oki doke. Thank you very much.
I shall bare that in mind.
Cheers for your help ☺

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
There used to be a guy on here who advertised Key replacements/ reprogramming for Mercs. Anyone know of him or have his number, We have a sprinter near ludlow that needs a new key.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Brill thanks for that will talk to him tomorrow

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom