Bluetooth in a 2002 cl500 ?

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
My 215 has the fone kit in it , can it be brought upto date ? Ive googled it , some threads from other MB forums came up but non of the links worked :(

philreed52

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
270clk
My 215 has the fone kit in it , can it be brought upto date ? Ive googled it , some threads from other MB forums came up but non of the links worked :(
Hi I had the vario 2 Nokia kit in my 2005 clk , sometimes it work sometimes not . Was told by a audio expert that we use at work is that the technology has moved on and the inconsistency of connection is caused by incompatibility of new and old .
I changed head unit for a JVC touchscreen looks good ,quality phone connection and blue tooth audio and biggest bonus Android Auto. There are lots of other products like parrot etc might be idea to investigate which might suit you. My cd unit kept misbehaving so it was a no brainer to change whole system for up to date technology. Hope that helps .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for that pal , have you got a patch lead fir the steering wheel control ??

philreed52

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
270clk
Hi I had the vario 2 Nokia kit in my 2005 clk , sometimes it work sometimes not . Was told by a audio expert that we use at work is that the technology has moved on and the inconsistency of connection is caused by incompatibility of new and old .
I changed head unit for a JVC touchscreen looks good ,quality phone connection and blue tooth audio and biggest bonus Android Auto. There are lots of other products like parrot etc might be idea to investigate which might suit you. My cd unit kept misbehaving so it was a no brainer to change whole system for up to date technology. Hope that helps .

Hi the patch lead for steering wheel were available from Halfords etc ,I didn't fit it though as if you ask what functions actually work it was very limited and the lead was about £70. With Android Auto working you can control most functions by either Apple or Google without touching phone . Still very impressed with head unit and functions 10 months on .

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No pal not looked at that as yet , philreed52 can you post pics of your head unit if poss ??

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No i hadnt but that looks great value , i have the bose set up so not sure what it uses as comms pal ?

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
No i hadnt but that looks great value , i have the bose set up so not sure what it uses as comms pal ?

If interested they have a uk store on ebay too.
I also went for the reversing cam and DAB+ options.

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cheers LK :confused:, its not a big deal really , just what im used to having , if it gets on my nerves will fit a parrot kit

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Cheers LK :confused:, its not a big deal really , just what im used to having , if it gets on my nerves will fit a parrot kit
Not sure a parrot will fit as they plug inline to speaker connections and you don't have them on your head unit - they're on the (fibre connected) Bose amplifier in the boot (well it's in the boot in an SL).
Viseeo is about the only option if you can find one and you already have the phone kit.

OP
bembo449

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ok LK duly noted , i have the complete fone kit with the nokia , i hoped by now there was a straight forward get round but it doesnt look that way sadly

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom