Mercedes cl500 2004 boot won’t close

wayne hart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes cl500 2004
Hi everyone, can someone tell me where I can find the relays for the opening and shutting of the boot, the boot will open and shut with the switch in the car. It will open with the fob but won’t shut on the fob. The buttons on the boot lid light up but won’t shut or open.. it’s a mystery to me what’s causing this, can anyone help?

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
If it works from the switch in the car then I would suggest that the issue isn't to do with any relays but rather the boot switch and the key fob switch themselves.

The seal around the "high level" brake light in the boot lid can leak, the water then runs directly onto the boot switches and corrodes the contacts (I even had the switch freeze solid one winter because of this). You'll need to remove the boot lid inner trim to get access. Silicon seal around the light can fix it. I recall that I managed to disassemble and clean up the switches and contacts. I then used more sealant over the back to help protect them for the future.

The key fob microswitches can give up the ghost over time and I suspect that this may be your issue. You can get them repaired.

OP
W

wayne hart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes cl500 2004
Thanks for your reply I will have a look tomorrow,I have got another problem there’s a electric fault which is draining the battery over night,the battery is good.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Thanks for your reply I will have a look tomorrow,I have got another problem there’s a electric fault which is draining the battery over night,the battery is good.
That might be one of the same faults?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom