Car fob batteries and sliding roof green algae

paulynorf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 COUPE 2016 AMG SPORT
Hi all,
my two keyfobs are getting dangerously low and need batteries changing. Can they be changed by a non Mercedes key shop or does it have to be done by Merc? If so are they open at the moment during lockdown for this kind of thing?
Also, how do you remove the algae build up on the sunroof seals on your car? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Best
Paul

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
Keyfob - anyone can do it. Green algae - 3m glass wipes

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Hi all,
my two keyfobs are getting dangerously low and need batteries changing. Can they be changed by a non Mercedes key shop or does it have to be done by Merc? If so are they open at the moment during lockdown for this kind of thing?

Your car will self destruct if you don't use Mercedes batteries from a Mercedes dealer :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously .... ;)
I'm guessing by the age of your car, that your car's key is the same as mine which is the same as this .....
My local dealers are shut.

Alternatively, these look similar but are a bit older (i know it's not chrome) but open differently ....

JDPEClassUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate E220d (2019)
Hi all,
Also, how do you remove the algae build up on the sunroof seals on your car? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Best
Paul

For the seals I just use an old toothbrush and soapy water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

paulynorf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 COUPE 2016 AMG SPORT
Your car will self destruct if you don't use Mercedes batteries from a Mercedes dealer :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously .... ;)
I'm guessing by the age of your car, that your car's key is the same as mine which is the same as this .....
My local dealers are shut.

Alternatively, these look similar but are a bit older (i know it's not chrome) but open differently ....

I did think it was a stupid questioon as I was typing it so I deserved that! Just that Mercedes make you feel like you need to get everything from them or indeed the car will self distruct!

Appreciate your response. Many thanks
Paul

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom