Guarantee period

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a statutory minimum guarantee period on electrical goods? We have a head unit on our forklift that was replaced in June last year. IIt has ceased to function and the supplier is trying to tell me that it only has a 6-month guarantee. I thought 12-months was the minimum? Anybody know for sure??

Regards

Steve

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a statutory minimum guarantee period on electrical goods? We have a head unit on our forklift that was replaced in June last year. IIt has ceased to function and the supplier is trying to tell me that it only has a 6-month guarantee. I thought 12-months was the minimum? Anybody know for sure??

Regards

Steve
I'm sure it 12 months minimum, some suppliers states a longer period.

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
I think they have different rules in an industrial application (forklift can’t be classed as anything else surely) though - worth checking.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi,

Regards

Steve

I am pretty certain it is 12 months on a Forklift, however it does depend on who the manufacturer is. I think it would only be the likes of Hyster, Linde, Jungheinrich, Toyota and that level of manufacturer that would be 12 months. :rolleyes:

OP
dry run

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Our truck is a Hoist Neptune boat-lift, but Hoist is owned by Toyota. Although they are an American company originally, we buy parts from their authorised agent here in the UK, so I woould have thought it was covered by EU legislation?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Our truck is a Hoist Neptune boat-lift, but Hoist is owned by Toyota. Although they are an American company originally, we buy parts from their authorised agent here in the UK, so I woould have thought it was covered by EU legislation?

You would have thought so wouldn't you, we have to assume that the parts used were genuine parts and not Chinese pattern ?

The only one of those I have had experience with is a Wiggins Marina Bull, that was American too. The parts fitted to that were genuine Wiggins parts and were all 12 month warranted. Always best to use genuine parts. :rolleyes::)

OP
dry run

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
The part in question is manufactured just down the road from us here in Portsmouth, but is a "propritary brand" for Hoist and they wont sell direct to us (which ia annoying to say the least) :( Hoist want £2,600 for a replacement!!!

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Surely the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which states that goods must be fit for purpose and last a reasonable length of time is what you should be going by?
A warranty may be provided but it cannot undermine your basic protection provided by the above act.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
IIRC with anything sold as a industrial/business part or full unit it’s pretty much the manufacturer that can decide what sort of warranty they want to put on something, if it was for personal use that law does cover you, but businesses just don’t get that same level of cover.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom