Panamericana Emblem

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Dave Strong, we used to deal off them some times for Austin and Morris parts, Think they were on Penrose? Warran Black was our main man, Giant Auto Wreckers. Yes you are so right about the chances we made getting within inches of the cars passing us. So many stories of stupid people pushing babies in pram along the road while ignoring our pleas to get off the road :shock: I was at the Queenstown Street race where 2 people died when a racecar lost control and took the spectators out, nasty injuries, that finished Street racing in NZ for a while :(
People just ignore us
They were in Penrose on the Great South Road. The Motorsport build area was at the back and I'd be there most evenings during rally season prepping the car. In summer we'd be there most evenings prepping the track cars. A mate and I built the B&H 1275GT we ran for two years. We also had some Mini 7s that were very quick. We developed a virtual 6 port head on one of them which was very interesting given the rules said you could remove metal but not add it other than for repairs and the starting point had to be a 5 port 850 mini head. There were some 'interesting interpretations of the rules' on both the 7s and the 1275GT. We had loads of fun there and were regulars at Chunky Chicken up the road. Just checked and it's still there some 40 years later!!!

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
well..........:rolleyes:

Everybody is waiting for the day that John returns to MB! I'm surprised nobody is giving odds on what it will be?

I know what my money is on!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
They were in Penrose on the Great South Road. The Motorsport build area was at the back and I'd be there most evenings during rally season prepping the car. In summer we'd be there most evenings prepping the track cars. A mate and I built the B&H 1275GT we ran for two years. We also had some Mini 7s that were very quick. We developed a virtual 6 port head on one of them which was very interesting given the rules said you could remove metal but not add it other than for repairs and the starting point had to be a 5 port 850 mini head. There were some 'interesting interpretations of the rules' on both the 7s and the 1275GT. We had loads of fun there and were regulars at Chunky Chicken up the road. Just checked and it's still there some 40 years later!!!

The big green building? I used to work in Penrose, Botha Rd. Before going to a Triumph Indy where I got interested in the racing/rally side of motoring. Hillclimbs were my favourite and met like minded drivers, Peter Bourne, Max Erwine, Rod Millan, Reg Cook to name a few. Warren Priest, Wayne Huxtable.........In the rallies I started in the co-drivers seat, but I was too slow with instructions :oops:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Everybody is waiting for the day that John returns to MB! I'm surprised nobody is giving odds on what it will be?

I know what my money is on!

Electric Mercedes? :eek:

OP
ScottieW

ScottieW

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C220 AMG
Have you asked the place you bought the grill from. Perhaps they have a Star to fit that grill?
I have an they unfortunately don't have them or stock them which is ****** annoying, just said original badge should fit, which it does, but it's not what I want.

OP
ScottieW

ScottieW

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C220 AMG
I recently bought one of these and had to buy the star separately. (but from the same geezer)
Don't suppose u have a url link or name of where, what's the fitting like? Mine is a screw in emblem. Wondering could I remove the silver part and replace with the new one which would mean the face of it essentially being stuck onto the scre on body of my old badge.

OP
ScottieW

ScottieW

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C220 AMG
the one in the pic is a distronic cover emblem, not sure you can buy them seperately OEM , maybe from the bay of plenty.
I had to buy a complete new grille for my 230 (SL500) for that reason (the distronic emblem was crazed)
Your car looks very good by the way and suits the Panamerica grille (I've not liked the look on some others)

Great into cheers John, and thank you for the compliment, I think it adds a more aggressive look to the car, I'm a huge personally.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Don't suppose u have a url link or name of where, what's the fitting like? Mine is a screw in emblem. Wondering could I remove the silver part and replace with the new one which would mean the face of it essentially being stuck onto the scre on body of my old badge.
It was a company on fleebay called V6 auto parts.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom