What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
So day 2 of driving a BMW, I am not a BMW driver as I have already used the indicators.

I miss the Merc BUT the Tech in the BMW is impressive including Alexa, the only way to get anything out of a 520i is to put in Dynamic mode and the seats are lovely, LED dash as well.

It has reaffirmed why I don't like saloon cars though even though the boot is massive

You’ve been spoiled with the power yours has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
So day 2 of driving a BMW, I am not a BMW driver as I have already used the indicators.

I miss the Merc BUT the Tech in the BMW is impressive including Alexa, the only way to get anything out of a 520i is to put in Dynamic mode and the seats are lovely, LED dash as well.

It has reaffirmed why I don't like saloon cars though even though the boot is massive

And place your right foot in amongst the front suspension :rolleyes:

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)

I've been toying with the idea of buying an M6 :eek:. If I do then either the SL or the Audi S5, possibly both, will have to go :(.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I've been toying with the idea of buying an M6 :eek:. If I do then either the SL or the Audi S5, possibly both, will have to go :(.
M6 is a nice beast, @drmw on here defected to one, he might give you a real life review if he picks this up

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I just can't get past how fugly the 6 series is.
Also it's s huge car bug with small interior.
I'm not a fan of the early ones but the ones I am considering are 2015/16 models. I've only been window shopping so far.

Thing is I love the SL and the S5 but a 3rd car is not an option.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I'm not a fan of the early ones but the ones I am considering are 2015/16 models. I've only been window shopping so far.

Thing is I love the SL and the S5 but a 3rd car is not an option.
The latest ones are a lot less hideous than the first iteration with the afterthought boot.

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Just picked the old girl up from the garage. Rear discs, pads and shoes. Whole brake assembly been cleaned up. I had a look at the old shoes and springs **** me it's a wonder they stopped anything I imagine they were original from new. She looks and goes like a dream. Just wonder about my next modification @SmartAmg :D:D

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
M6 convertible, about 18 months in (2016). Having had 3 SLs and the bastard Aston between 2, this is like a breath of fresh air.

All SLs & the Aston were convertibles but nothing beats the quietness of the M6 - it doesn't make a sound. Mercedes take note.

All BMs are "You get it part of it serviced when it tells you" - I've had one brake fluid change & a quick check of everything else and this cost me less than £50 all in 18 months. Mercedes take note.

I had one of the first 6 series (645?) - it made a good impression, but I sold it within a year, so something didn't hit the mark.

Mine is the competition - 600 bhp but you can't really use it. Much. It seems to beat the SL63!

I checked the dimensions - it is about 1ft longer same width. That 1 foot does give it four seats - I would (just) to give it four rather than 2+2, but only just. The interior is not small.

Lots of toys, still quite a lot of "excessive" things to play about with, but once to have it to your liking, it seems to fit. Suspension needs to be set in "comfort" most of the time, but the rest can be played about with as you go along.

It seems to use less fuel than the SL.

What I didn't like with Mercedes was the ridiculous service intervals & prices regardless of whatever mileage you do and no warning whatsoever when something went wrong. Maybe I've been lucky so far with the M6!

Happy to drone on if you wish!!

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Can we keep to what you did to your merc . Jesus . Ffs !! Pensioners .. slavering on about bmws . Christ . Stay on topic.

Last edited:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
M6 convertible, about 18 months in (2016). Having had 3 SLs and the bastard Aston between 2, this is like a breath of fresh air.

All SLs & the Aston were convertibles but nothing beats the quietness of the M6 - it doesn't make a sound. Mercedes take note.

All BMs are "You get it part of it serviced when it tells you" - I've had one brake fluid change & a quick check of everything else and this cost me less than £50 all in 18 months. Mercedes take note.

I had one of the first 6 series (645?) - it made a good impression, but I sold it within a year, so something didn't hit the mark.

Mine is the competition - 600 bhp but you can't really use it. Much. It seems to beat the SL63!

I checked the dimensions - it is about 1ft longer same width. That 1 foot does give it four seats - I would (just) to give it four rather than 2+2, but only just. The interior is not small.

Lots of toys, still quite a lot of "excessive" things to play about with, but once to have it to your liking, it seems to fit. Suspension needs to be set in "comfort" most of the time, but the rest can be played about with as you go along.

What I didn't like with Mercedes was the ridiculous service intervals & prices regardless of whatever mileage you do and no warning whatsoever when something went wrong. Maybe I've been lucky so far with the M6!

I see a 640d 6 series round my way sometimes , I always give it a second look . Might have to have a little Autotrader session this evening !

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Poor moderation . Gf !!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Always :D

Have you put the locking wheel bolt adapter away from the passenger footwell net?

Arghhh.......Nope, might need it if I have to remove the wheel :oops:........Mister Hawkeyes :rolleyes:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi

Interesting you don't think it's small inside
My stepson had a 640d convertible and it wasn't what I'd call capacious on the inside given external dimensions. Whe he brought the family over to our place in France he came in the car with eldest grandson and his partner and youngest grandson flew over because it was too cramped for the 4 of them for that journey.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Toyed with getting one of these but rag top put me off and it eas veteod by other half for being uglier than the R231. Standard issue was also slow by comparison to the SL.

Mercedes SL500 R231

Top Bottom