Had an A service today...Dealer can't reset indicator..and want £109.80 to investigate Help

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I have seen this three times now, it’s a two hour software update, you also have to manually teach in the past service history on some, that takes some real time!!!

OP
ioweddie

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Update...Had a response to the email...telephone conversation today...Lots of sympathy....'lets get it booked in and see what we can do for you'....conversation went along the lines of....'yes there is a fault with the software....the car is 5 years old...if you had a rough running engine...and we could fix it with a software update...would you be happy to pay the £109 to fix it'...'er well yes'...they attempted to reset the indicator using the Mercedes...plug in diagnostic....usually its works...they tried several times...then tried the steering wheel buttons method...all to no avail...

They are prepared to update the software...keeping the cost as low as possible...£109 divided into 10 minute sections...aiming to fix it for ½ hours labour...I will get another loan car...as they are going to fit it in and work on it in between other jobs...to keep the cost as low as they can....If the fix does run over the hour then I will only have to pay the £109...

Not really happy but what can I do...they have always been good and did my torn seat and non working exterior door handle lights last year for ¼ of the price...so I've booked it in on July 13th...Fingers crossed...I'll keep this thread updated...wish me luck!

OP
ioweddie

ioweddie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W205 AMG Sport Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Well Blow me down with a feather...Just had another go at resetting it and it worked...cancelled the dealer visit...just need Brentford to win against Charlton tonight and WBA to not win against Derby Tomorrow...I'll be even happier..

Attachments

• 20200707_145705 (2).jpg
    20200707_145705 (2).jpg
    308 KB · Views: 24

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Well Blow me down with a feather...Just had another go at resetting it and it worked...cancelled the dealer visit...just need Brentford to win against Charlton tonight and WBA to not win against Derby Tomorrow...I'll be even happier..

Quick .... go & buy a luckdip lottery ticket :D

Altamar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 SL400
Well Blow me down with a feather...Just had another go at resetting it and it worked

When I bought the SL someone had reset the service indicator a couple of months previously (and possibly without actually completing the service itself). As a result the service indicator was "out of sync", showing an A service was due when it was due a B, and vice versa. I KNOW it doesn't matter but I find these things irritating.

Anyway, when I had the A service carried out by a MB dealer last week I asked that they reset the service indicator twice so that it was back in sync but the second reset would not save. The helpful technician showed me how to do it myself and whilst it did not work the first few times, it has now saved a week and 100 miles after it was last reset.

The conclusion I draw is that the system is clever enough to know two services would not be carried out twice in the same day but after a suitable time period has passed, it will save.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
No issues on mine todate tho ml been in garage since last nov on ctek. So expectin service overdue. Use clk and a class. So thats a yr of my 8.1 before it self destucts

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
When I bought the SL someone had reset the service indicator a couple of months previously (and possibly without actually completing the service itself). As a result the service indicator was "out of sync", showing an A service was due when it was due a B, and vice versa. I KNOW it doesn't matter but I find these things irritating.

Anyway, when I had the A service carried out by a MB dealer last week I asked that they reset the service indicator twice so that it was back in sync but the second reset would not save. The helpful technician showed me how to do it myself and whilst it did not work the first few times, it has now saved a week and 100 miles after it was last reset.

The conclusion I draw is that the system is clever enough to know two services would not be carried out twice in the same day but after a suitable time period has passed, it will save.

When I first got my car I was doing a lot of miles and the car was on variable servicing - it came up as an A but then switched to B just before I took the car in. The dealer still did an A service, and when I got it back the indicator showed B as the next service - so they can 'correct' it.

Not being able to reset yours twice makes sense as the service countdown takes a bit of use to get going. Quite common - I've noticed wife's VW is blank after service, then the mileage appears after a while.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom